Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Finskie  (Read 13522 times)

Offline hvac professor

• House Bee
Finskie
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »
 :?does anyone know where Finskie has gone to :? I have not seen his comments full of wisdom for some time, and there has been a lack of veteran beeks like Finskie commenting in the forum.

YOU OUT THERE FINSKIE OR SNOWED IN???

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Finskie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »
Don't know the details, but here is a quote from another thread.............

On the day Finski was banned,
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hvac professor

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »
I think I spelled it wrong, should be finsky

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »
His profile says his last activity was January 12th.  Maybe he made a New Years resolution to not be negative so he's trying to avoid the forums.  Lol
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:17 pm »
send him a PM.  i miss him too.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »
You might ask Tbeek :evil:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »
Finskie responded to me on my first post on the website. Told me I was stupid or something. He's got a problem. Fairly good advice at times but then it's like he catches his self being nice and his other personality comes out. A lot of self righteousness there if you ask me. Don't try to tell me some mess about the language barrier either.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Moots

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 09:13:45 pm »
His profile says his last activity was January 12th.  Maybe he made a New Years resolution to not be negative so he's trying to avoid the forums.  Lol

Bush,
Where are you seeing this?

Under the member list, I'm showing both Finsky's last post and last activity as 12/18 of 2007, which I know is WRONG, but that's what I'm seeing :?

Offline richter1978

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »
I have seen posts from both "Finski" and "Finksy".  Maybe alter egos?

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 09:50:20 pm »
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=profile;u=6829

It didn't say last post rather last active whatever that means.
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 11:12:16 pm »
Finsky with a Y was last logged in in 2007, about 2700 posts. Finski was last active January 12, 2014, about 3900 posts, but if you look at the members list, only Finsky shows up. Do not know if that means that he has been removed. He has on the list about a week ago as Finski. Maybe he will answer up and let us know how he is doing.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 11:14:28 pm »
Some times late in the evening or in the wee hours of the morning, usually Fridays and Saturdays nights  :cheer:

People are on the Webb with a changed personality and attitude  :cheer:

I seem to get a lot of FB friend requests at these late hours from strange people I never met  :idunno:

Trolling the Webb impaired  :roll: TWI  :police:

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 05:12:47 am »
 the man from finland is a tough old bird--he will show-sooner or later---I hope all is well--RDY-B
Tombstone Doc Hollyday vs Johnny Ringo   

**Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.[2]**
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:34:06 am by rdy-b »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 12:24:04 pm »
Finski is a crusty old fart, but i do miss him.  i think that sometimes things were lost/skewed in translation....or not... :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 02:27:07 pm »
He is very opinionated and refuses to accept the opinion of others. Beekeeping practices in Finland may not always be best in other climates.
That being said I do like to read what he has to say.

Steve  
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Leather Jim

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »
Finski's profile says BANNED, what's that about, I found him quite humorous and knowledgable. Opinionated without a doubt : )  some folks around here just need a little thicker skin. Hope he gets back.
Jim

Offline rwlaw

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 09:01:47 pm »
He's like my master beek bud, say something and he'll listen intently, but you can tell he's like a cat ready to pounce. And he has sooo many ways to cut you to shreds. :-D
Can't ever say that bk'n ain't a learning experience!

Offline dirt road

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:00 pm »
I consider him to be very knowledgeable and an experienced beekeeper, and really enjoyed reading his posts. Granted he was a bit crusty at times, but in my opinion his experience was worth putting up with that. As someone else mentioned about their mentor, sometimes the best teachers in my life were not by any means the most lovable. There were also a few members on here who seemed to enjoy needling him until they got him worked up. Some of them with a heck of a lot less experience than he had. Don't know what to say if this steps on a few toes, but it IS my opinion.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 07:22:43 am »
I agree that there's a lot of experience there. I wonder how many new folks he has ran off or how many folks wouldn't interact on this forum because of his crap. In person he may not even come across like this. My first impression of this website was pretty poor. I figured everyone on here was like him.

(not a stab at my fellow beeks) My opinion of him isn't based on thin skin or hurt toes. When you come on a website with one post and ask a question then get called a name (or implied - I don't remember) there's not much room for any other opinion. I am retired military and I worked for two years in the prison walking amongst them. There's a reason he's been kicked off and banned from the other web sites as well.

That being said I'll leave it alone. I appreciate all of yall and the help and advice you've offered me.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:55 am »
I guess I may be a little thicker skinned that some folks, but I found Finskie to be humorous. I looked foward to his posts and made sure I read everyone of them.

anything