Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dead bees around hive  (Read 7693 times)

Offline TheFuzz

• House Bee
Re: Dead bees around hive
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 08:20:28 pm »
Oh, I didn't realise that it was back in 2019, so that means the dead bees in the photo is a build up that's occurred over a years time. These bees have been dead like this for awhile now.

I'm surrounded by tens of thousands of people, so I'm not sure how I'll determine if someone sprayed poison, though even if I did conclude such I don't know what I can do about it, I can't exactly ask every household within a 5km radius because there would be thousands of them.

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 07:59:31 am »
Gday mate what area of adelaide you in ?

Offline TheFuzz

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 08:17:06 pm »
Another year has past, I swept up the dead bees from last year, but haven't touched them since, so there's another year build up of dead bees now. I took some photos:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Rw8P1fp

As you can see, there's many thousands of dead bees. I think I may know what's doing it though. Notice in the photos, there's quite a huge pile of dead bees built up in front of the window, and also with the hives next to the window. The hives that are further away from the window, don't have a pile up of dead bees.

The window is next to the living room, and often enough there's a light going on inside. This light attracts bees at night, I'm guessing somehow the bees are going to the light at night, and then it's leading them to getting cold and dying over night.

What do you guys think?

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2021, 12:35:51 pm »
Possible.
I get a few bees attracted to a light in Summer - never in winter.

Would a curtain help?
Or is it possible that somebody is spraying  this time of the year?

Strange...

Offline Bee North

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 07:19:10 pm »
That's terrible mate.

I would black out that light 100%. Clean up the bees. Rule out the light and go from there.