Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Adopting Narrow Frame Practices  (Read 2131 times)

Offline ScooterTrash

• House Bee
  • ScooterTrash Forever
    • Vince & Pat's Apiaries
Adopting Narrow Frame Practices
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »
Got 1100 ends pieces, from scrap 2 x 4s, cut 1-1/4 wide now with dados cut in each end 13/32 deep x 5/8 wide to support the top/bottom bars. Regarding the end pieces toward the bottom bar the normal width is 1-1/8 this should be trimmed by 1/16 off each side of a given end piece?

Had built 8 broad chambers and 12 medium supers; now in process of cutting broad chambers down to mediums as suggested by minds better equipped than mine for now at least. Thanks for being there and inspiring natural methods.

Joined local club here, took a 5 week course via Agriculture Extension office, completed it and looking for the remaining hands on weekend as weather permits. The club will have the annual Saturday crash course this weekend and I’ll be there as well; with a full UtraBreeze suit for now, LOL
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

www.VPBEES.com

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Adopting Narrow Frame Practices
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »
I would prefer them cut them down to 1" at the bottom or leave the straight all the way down.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin