Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: #12 and #13 today  (Read 2881 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
#12 and #13 today
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:16:31 pm »
The northern folks are going to want to shoot me for this but, :evil:
Today swarms # 12 and 13 went into their boxes :piano:

One was a swarm call about 20 miles away and another in a swarm trap. 
I think I have another one in the trap but didn't want to pull it down till tomorrow to be sure it wasn't just scouts.  So I will probably be reporting # 14 tomorrow but they don't count till they are sitting on the hive stand!
 Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
Re: #12 and #13 today
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:42:35 pm »
#7yesterday evening # 8 at noon today and # 9 got away from me at the camp at 3pm.about 6-7lb swarm.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:12 pm »
Looks like your fast catching up Shawee. Jp has been doing good too.   Now poor ole Emil. Not so much. 
Don't think he has caught his first of the year yet.
Starting to feel bad for him. 
I hung another trap line today in the area where I hit the airborne swarm with my truck. 
Should pay off well but we shall see

Sorry to our northern brethren suffering in the white crap.  What they call that junk?  Oh yeah.   Ice! :evil:

Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Moots

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:54 pm »
Forget the Northerners....I know one guy here down south who ain't really happy with the situation.....ME! :(

All I want is ONE!  I WANT IT!   :hissyfit: I WANT IT!  :hissyfit: I WANT IT!!!  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:28 pm »
Forget the Northerners....I know one guy here down south who ain't really happy with the situation.....ME! :(

All I want is ONE!  I WANT IT!   :hissyfit: I WANT IT!  :hissyfit: I WANT IT!!!  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

If you advertise, they will call.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Moots

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 11:44:23 pm »

If you advertise, they will call.
Jim

Jim,
I work for the local Sheriff's department and have instructed the Dispatch center to route any bee call through me.  In addition I've posted it to my facebook as well as told everyone I know that will listen that I'm looking for bees.  I also know a few local beeks who do collections that know I'm interested in case they can't make a call they get.

Now, I realize I'm not in the yellow pages and don't have signs out....but you would think that could come up with at least one swarm.  Oh, yeah....plus I have 4 traps out! LOL!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:51:36 pm »
Moots,
All that and no calls. I'm really surprised. Have the bees been swarming in your area?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:55:25 pm »
He isn't much further north than me. 
I don't get it either.  He and I are in identical type situation.
Bailey

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 02:56:18 am »
moots the next one I get by the camp in Sorrento ill call you       schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Moots

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:08 am »
moots the next one I get by the camp in Sorrento ill call you       schawee

Schawee,

Appreciate YOU!  :yippiechick: :yippiechick: :yippiechick: :yippiechick:

You're the Man! :th_thumbsupup:

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 08:13:55 am »
Moots,
Don't forget Craigslist when swarms start popping your way!

anything