Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Vented bee suits for reasonable cost  (Read 7514 times)

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
Vented bee suits for reasonable cost
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »
I recently upgraded to a vented suit and this is the cheapest one that I could find.  I have used this suit over the summer and have loved it.  Will probably get a jacket over the winter.

Actually bought quite a few things from this place and had good luck with them.
http://www.pigeonmountaintrading.com/Category/1-22636-ventilated-bee-wear.aspx

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Vented bee suits for reasonable cost
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:59:45 pm »
I bought two of their full suits some months ago. I haven't really put them to the test yet as I've only wore mine a couple of times but so far I like it. I use an ultra breeze jacket normally when I need it but I like the hat style hood from pigeon mountain much better than the one on the ultra breeze. I'll be ordering some of their jackets soon!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »
I have seen Vented bee suits/jackets for sell at

ultra breeze
pigeon mountain
Mann lake
Golden Bee
Rossman Apiaries

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:59:39 pm »
Soon vented suits will be everywhere and one day, the only suit you can buy for bees.    :-D

Offline ScooterTrash

• House Bee
  • ScooterTrash Forever
    • Vince & Pat's Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »
Acquired the NASA Version aka Ultrabreeze and neighbor acquired the Ultrabreeze Jacket Version and still to hot for Georgia, I have graduated to an inexpensive veil/shorts and Ho Chi Minh Sandals and reserve the suit & jacket for guests.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

www.VPBEES.com

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 07:19:57 pm »
I have mosquito net pull-overs that I have been using this year, and hung mu Dadent suit up in the bee house have not been stung once with it on.  of course i don[t wear one much at all just  like JP says only when the bees are pissy.

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »
Bought the ultra breeze really like it and then bought the pigeon mountain on for my helper and one for my wife
both are good and the breeziness is great when you need extra protection on an aggressive hive

David