Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: need help with re queening procedure  (Read 3124 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
need help with re queening procedure
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:46:41 pm »
I am thinking about re queening all my hives. can someone explain to me the procedure?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: need help with re queening procedure
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:36:51 pm »
Kill the old queen, wait a day, introduce new queens. Why do you want to replace?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
Re: need help with re queening procedure
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:55:05 pm »
Pretty much what hardwood said, but it might be wise to save the old queens for a couple days to make sure the new queens are accepted.
 The best question is, "why do you feel the need to?".
 I seen a guy on youtube kill a great laying queen, a solid brood pattern, because he bought a queen from a place in NY that was that was advertised as "mite resistant".
 Later videos showed him still treating for mites, along with other stuff that he didn't have.
 Good luck

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything