Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Butt!  (Read 4917 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Bee Butt!
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:44:47 pm »
Just a bee butt...she was turned the wrong way. But, I learned that the secret to freezing the frame is to use a flash, even tho its sunny outside!
your friend,
john

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bee Butt!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:06:55 pm »
where is the bee butt   :?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:51 pm »
Kathy, then it's not just me??  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:34:55 pm »
Oops.....Why does this only happen to me!!! :-D Lemmee see if I can find it!

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[img width= height=]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_btJlzM8u72Q/SbhoaxzcXvI/AAAAAAAACsk/nNrlqJFXd1s/s144/DSC_0038.JPG[/img]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From spring bees and stuff 2009</td></tr></table>

your friend,
john

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:03 am »
Now that is one clear picture!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 12:39:51 am »
very awesome picture of a bee butt!!!!!!

if you check the box on picas that says "hide album info" or something like that....you get a pic without the extra stuff attached.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 06:42:22 am »
Hey, nice pic John, always knew you were a butt man!  :evil:

I thought bee butt was what you got when you sat in some hornets. Didn't one of you gals mention one time your hubbie sat in some hornets or was it stinging nettle? Can't quite remember right now. :idunno:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 04:53:44 pm »
When i was a kid in Turkey, right next to the normal toilet( like in Kathys pic) there was another toilet, called the "Turkish John"..It was like a urinal, from the floor to your neck....and there were two feet steps, shaped like the bottom of shoes.You coud do "Little Jobs" by facing this thing....or do "Big Jobs" by standing on the footstands, backwards, over the hole in the bottom. When you were done, you just turned the fawcett on which was near the footstands, and the stuff would go down the hole. Americans tho, stuffed the hole with steeel wool and used the real toilet.....The steel wool was to keep rats from coming up through the pipes and get into our apartment1
cool. huh?

your friend,
john

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 06:04:01 pm »
çok güzel!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 09:27:48 pm »
Meerhabah Dane!, Choke Finah!
(Sorry bout the spellin...its been a long time!) :-D
But, I was impressed with your reply!.I had to put something in there to answer you with so All I could think of was the opposite of Guzel!

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 11:52:50 pm »
Love the photo John. That is for sure a winner. Your photography is getting better and better

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 01:38:13 am »
Meerhabah Dane!, Choke Finah!
(Sorry bout the spellin...its been a long time!) :-D
But, I was impressed with your reply!.I had to put something in there to answer you with so All I could think of was the opposite of Guzel!

your friend,
john

heh - I never knew much Turkish, remember even less.  :oops:  Did you pick up any saz/baglama while you were there?  I've got one... also a ney (flute) that I'm sometimes attempting to learn.  Love the way they sound ~>
[youtube]exKLbNtwwr4[/youtube]

Cheers,
Dane

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 02:05:56 am »
Great video! Brought back alotta memories! Thanks!
 I was living in Ankara when I was in about the 3 or 4th grade, I think...dad was with Jusmat at the Air base there
I didnt know what Bagalama was so I had to google it......Thats pretty much all that there was on the airwaves back then....The only American radio was "VOA" ( Voice of America)....No TV at all so I was doing alotta reading at an early age.
 I do have "Evil Eyes" which we picked up there....I almost would up in a Turkish prison too(just kidding)....As kids we we were always picking the poppies (The REAL THING) and giving them to our moms....We were kidly informed by the cops that it wasnt a good idea to be messing with the flowers.
 I'd kinda like to go back and visit now that Im older..I've seen Ephesus, King midas tomb, and the meditteranean sea, among other stuff, But as a grown uo I think I'd appreciate it alot more now. I do remember we had a big water pipe for quite some time but dont know what happened to it,(and no, it was'nt me!) :)
 There used to be a guy in here who was a Turk, and he had a website with alot of cool stuff on it but it was all in Turkish so I could only guess at what the pics said..I cant remember his name, only that it had two parts...Bin Halen, or something like that. Maybe he'll be back one day!..I guess I better "Duro" as its getting late!
your friend,
john

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 05:55:28 pm »
YW! & Good stuff!  Hmmm, you've got me thinking,,, beekeeping in Turkiye,  opium propolis!!   :evil:

If you go back be sure to try and get down south to Bodrum!

Glad you liked the Erkan Ogur music.  Omar Faruk Tekbilek is another of my faves of that genre/region:
[youtube]LFBpREV40so[/youtube]

I played the guitars (& wrote the bridge) of this song for the "Turkish Pop" band Cemali:
[youtube]RaIiHErrNro[/youtube]  (I had a lot of fun w/the ending - heh)

Cheers,
Dane

anything