Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queston's?? can some one please move this entry? thanks  (Read 1584 times)

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
Queston's?? can some one please move this entry? thanks
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »
First let me give the story. 2 or 3 years ago I was down to 2 colonies. I had left some empty boxes where they were when the colonies of bees left/died,and/or,etc. There was a swarm came in the next spring and took one of the boxes. The entered the top box in back because the front entrance was piled with trash from inside. I let them be last year and now I have one aggressive hive. I don't think they are occupying the two bottom boxes, which are medium. they are in deeps. I have figured out how to move the two top boxes to a new bottom board a few feet away. I will leave the queen in and the tow deeps as is. I plan to set up another bottom board and two empty boxes in the old position. All this will be after I get my nuc.
?#1
After all the field bees go back to the old location will the bees less aggressive?
?#2
What will be the best way to get a Queen in the new box which will have nothing but field bees that came back from the original colony.
?#3
Are field bees more aggressive than house bees. d2  :)

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: Queston's?? can some one please move this entry? thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »
1  less as their numbers are down, but when build back   just as aggressive
2 raise top and put one in
3 no young gard bees more aggressive, but anytime  hive queenless they are agressive
to bee or not to bee

anything