Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nicot System  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
Nicot System
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:56:11 pm »
Hi All,
I bought the Nicot queen rearing system from BetterBee. I'm pretty sure they said instructions were included. Well, they are. In French.

My French is way too rust for this (OK, la REINE is the queen, I know that!), and the nicot website has pretty fractured English.

I bought the video from beeworks.com showing how to use it, but I'm curious if any of you have tried it, and how you use it.

Lesli
Lesli

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Nicot System
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:20:34 pm »
As Yogi said '"Deja Vu all over again"

I did the same as you a few years ago.  Was very excited when the Nicot arrived,  but was quickly disappointed with the directions.  The first year I tried to "go it alone" based upon what I could find on the good ole internet.  I had no luck getting the bees to accept the eggs/cells in the cell builder.  The following year I bought David Eyre's video and learned a lot.  I found his method of installing the cell cup holder without the excluder 24 hours before introducing the queen to solve my problems.
I have had very good results with my modified method from the video and Ohio queen breeders which you can read about here ->
http://robo.bushkillfarms.com/beekeeping/queen-rearing/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:18:25 am by Robo »
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison