Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Reaction to stings....  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
Re: Reaction to stings....
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 01:34:30 pm »
Natalie we were driving down a road when a bumble bee hit the edge of the window and landed in my biboverall my friend stopped I jumped out and dropped them and got it out the horn's were honking and I almost caused a wreck :-D

Got pictures of that one Irwin??  :-D I bet that at least more than a few folks took pictures with their cell phones!  ;)

I had the same thing happen this spring with a yellowjacket. Hit the mirror on my Dodge and went right in the window and down the front of my tank top....I whipped my truck off of the road with a state trooper headed right towards me....started taking of my top and I the trooper just sat in his car and watched! I then looked like 'Dolly Parton's HALF SISTER', as only one side swelled up!  :oops: Of course, my friend was with me and took pics on the cell phone.... :-x

Brenda

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 10:42:14 am »
Natalie we were driving down a road when a bumble bee hit the edge of the window and landed in my biboverall my friend stopped I jumped out and dropped them and got it out the horn's were honking and I almost caused a wreck :-D

Got pictures of that one Irwin??  :-D I bet that at least more than a few folks took pictures with their cell phones!  ;)

I had the same thing happen this spring with a yellowjacket. Hit the mirror on my Dodge and went right in the window and down the front of my tank top....I whipped my truck off of the road with a state trooper headed right towards me....started taking of my top and I the trooper just sat in his car and watched! I then looked like 'Dolly Parton's HALF SISTER', as only one side swelled up!  :oops: Of course, my friend was with me and took pics on the cell phone.... :-x

Brenda
No picture's if I did all it would do is burn your eye's and you would have to go to therapy for the rest of your life
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 02:44:20 pm »
Patrick McManus describes to basic styles of panic.  A FBLP (Full Bore Linear Panic) and a FBSP (Full Bore Stationary Panic).  If you get one sting, the appropriate responce, right after an expletive, is a FBSP.  After thinking things through if you are getting more stings, make sure you are not on a ladder and there is nothing to trip over (move carefully to where there is nothing to trip over or climb down the ladder) and then do a FBLP.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 04:00:50 pm »
That's actually pretty funny sounding!  But ditto on the up-ladder panic....

DO BE CAREFUL!!
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 09:53:16 pm »
C.  Utter something, find the sting while asking her why.  Watch for any others that may be hacked off.  Try and finish why I'm there and button them up.  Then go inside to the tender mercies of my loved ones as they laugh at the swelling. :evil:

OOOPs; forgot to mention enjoy about a month of lessened joint pain.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything