Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Social Life, I have it.  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Social Life, I have it.
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:07:40 pm »
I got to meet another member of our forums.
UtahBees

Well Utah the state is cold, but a nice warm cup of hot chocolate from UtahBee's house takes care of all that cold.

UtahBees is just starting out with bees and has more kids than hives. ;)
That number will change down the road for him.  :)

UtahBees put up with me for most of the afternoon and early evening before I had to go back to the airport. He and his family were incredibly gracious and kind to me the entire time. And he knows a great little chinese place not far from his house.

He also knows all the neato places in Utah. I got to see some wonderful sites with him and his family.

UtahBee's hive and his BIL hive

UtahBee's and son with his hive. It was so cold the bees wouldn't even come out to say hi.

Get the freak away from the hive.  8-)

You can see some of the other pictures of the Salt Lake area.
http://www.brendhanhorne.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=120

Thanks to UtahBee's and his wonderful family for putting up with me.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Re: Social Life, I have it.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:35:38 pm »
see the cold wont kill'ya, just grow a beard! Cool. Understudy is a geat guy and glad you got to meet him as well. Been to Utah twice and its beautiful. They even carded me at the airport to get a beer!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »
Get the freak away from the hive.  8-)

Hey man your blocking the tractor :-P

Quote from: KONASDAD
They even carded me at the airport to get a beer!
Isn't that discriminating to the poor who don't have photo id?  Oh wait,  that only counts when you are a democrat trying to get the dead and illegal votes :-P
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:10:12 pm »
"Brendhan the travelin man" as cindi says it, probaly holds the record for meeting the most forum members. He and his wife are great people and I enjoyed meeting them and  look forward to seeing them again as well.  I'm glad you got some pics of UtahBees so we can put a face to a forum friend. Hope you are staying warm all the way out there.
Dallas in sunny warm Florida

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:58:06 pm »
Brendhan -

Thanks for coming up here, and see you again soon. We had a great time :)

You all know that I love taking photos and have probably seen my face before!?!? I'm the newbee that always posts photos and has a Flickr site :)

http://flickr.com/photos/barl0w/

Next season I'll have more hives, but maybe not more than the number of kids. Probably the year after I'll pass that number - haha!

Everyone is welcome to visit us in Orem. We're right next to the mountain here, and Brendhan left with good timing. It's decided to snow tonight and tomorrow, so the mountains will be covered.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Scott

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 10:34:13 am »
Brendhan and Scott.  I am so glad that you guys got to meet each other.  This forum is such a neat place to make new friends, (even if some of us will probably never meet).  Yep, Brendhan, the travellin' man, you are all over this country, good for you.  I admire that you take the time to meet up with as many of our forum friends that you can on your trips, wonderful quality, I take my hat off to you, dude.

Scott, nice to see picture of your and your Son, what a cute little dude. Yea!!!  And your hives look great too, just wait until next year when you have many  ;) :) :) :)  Such an exciting thought, spring is just around the corner!!!  Have a beautiful and greatest of days, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:23 am »
Brendhan -

You missed the snowstorm:

Here's Belle after running around in the front yard - the way she did when she saw us walking up from the hives:

Finally - here's the photo we took together:

Glad to hear that Florida is still Sunny (from the other posts in the forum)

Regards,

Scott

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 10:30:55 am »
Those are great photos of the snow.

Thanks again for putting up with me. I had a fabulous time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:57 am »
Brendon, I need to tell you this.  I think that you are a lucky man to be able to traverse the country and to meet some of our forum friends. I truly mean that.  We establish such bonds with people that we speak with every day, read their comments that they add to our forum, we kind of get to know them in a personal manner.  You, yourself, I know, feel grateful that you have this opportunity, that shines through.

Why don't you make a thread that you can list the forum members that you have had a chance to meet and spend some time with.  Then you could add to it each time that you get a chance to meet each person (and their family too of course).  I can think of at least 6 of our members that I recall you speaking about.  I am sure there are more, maybe you met them before I joined the forum last fall.  It has been over a year now since I have been a member and I haven't had a chance to meet even one.  Ooops, I take that back.  BEE C.  He hasn't been on the forum for quite some time.  He lives about 10 minutes from me and we have had some nice visits.  I e-mailed with him a couple of weeks ago, he is just busy.

Anyways Brendhan, it is wonderful that you make such a point of visiting and getting to know our forum friends.  Have a wonderful and the best of days, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:50:37 am »
I have met a number of people from the forum and it was always a pleasure. Learn new things, make new friends and be riminded of our good fortune as I travel this great continenet. cant wait for spring, I am off to jamiaca and will attempt to meet Sean. My first international meeet and greet.t
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 12:12:05 pm »
I have met a number of people from the forum and it was always a pleasure. Learn new things, make new friends and be riminded of our good fortune as I travel this great continenet. cant wait for spring, I am off to jamiaca and will attempt to meet Sean. My first international meeet and greet.t
December in Jamica!
Not to shabby.

And I have to go to Salt Lake City. There is a certain amount of irony in that.

Take pictures have fun.  :-D

Sincerely,
Brendhan

anything