Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Hampsha' Beek  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Eyeshooter

• Brood
    • New Hampsha' Bees
New Hampsha' Beek
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:04:19 pm »
Greetings, folks.

I'm a 1st year beek with 2 BeeMax hives of nice, calm Italian girls located in SW New Hampshire. I'm trying to do this as holistically as possible with minimal chemical intervention. I'm using large cell Piercos in one hive and small cell Mann Lake PF 100s in the other. I just bought a Rossman cypress hive for next year that I'll use wood and wax for comparison. Probably won't get any honey this year but the hives appear healthy with the Pierco hive ahead of the Mann Lake.  Looking forward to learning a lot from you and helping out when I can.

Cheers,

John
Morning Dew Apiary

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: New Hampsha' Beek
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 05:14:54 am »
John, welcome.  It sounds like you are doing great with them.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:10:23 am »
John, Eyeshooter, welcome to our forum, I like your name, by the way.  The world of the bees is fascinating, the more you delve into their secret lives, the more deeply one wants to go.  This will be the place that you can learn, ask questions, all questions are important, no question is ever considered dumb or irrelevant.  This is a place where you can tell us your stories and experiences, we are all interested and listen.  Stick around, enjoy your stays with us.   And...have that most beautiful and wonderful day, lovin' and livin' this great life we all live and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 06:04:09 pm »
Greetings, folks.

I'm a 1st year beek with 2 BeeMax hives of nice, calm Italian girls located in SW New Hampshire. I'm trying to do this as holistically as possible with minimal chemical intervention. I'm using large cell Piercos in one hive and small cell Mann Lake PF 100s in the other. I just bought a Rossman cypress hive for next year that I'll use wood and wax for comparison. Probably won't get any honey this year but the hives appear healthy with the Pierco hive ahead of the Mann Lake.  Looking forward to learning a lot from you and helping out when I can.

Cheers,

John

John......

HOPE you can post more you live about 15 mi to the North of me.  Like to hear about your beekeeping in Keene NH

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:23:42 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:46:20 pm »
Hello and Welcome John
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny   

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 09:24:43 pm »
Welcome eyeshooter.

Very nice people here. I'm sure you will fit right in.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33:30 am »
Eyeshooter, why have you not posted again?  You joined in August, but only made one post, hope all is well.  Tell us about your bee experiences.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service