Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: FL please check in  (Read 2485 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
FL please check in
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:03:19 pm »
are all of our FL folks ok?  looks bad, but you never can tell from TV.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: FL please check in
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:17 pm »
I'm not a Florida person,  but my folks are down in Deland.   Just spoke with them a few minutes ago and they are fine.   A few people lost their awnings near them but for the most part it seemed to miss them.   
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:55:59 pm »
I posted an article in the coffee house section. I don't live near where the tornados hit. the only member who does is Apis629 and he was still pretty far from those tornados. He probably had to deal with the thunderstorm.

All is well here. I am putting frames together, and then heading to my beekeeper meeting.

pddmattox and likes2grill are in N Florida and probably are fine if not a little wet.

See we don't need snow storms we have hurricanes and tornados, people who live in the midwest are jealous all they have are tornadoes and maybe earthquakes.

Still no snow either. I need a frozen pina colalda.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. I check the membership map we one or two other members who were close by but I don't think they have been active on the boards for a while. Maybe they can check in and give us a report.
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:32:31 pm »
I, and the hives, are fine here.  It's been raining since 6am but, other than that, not much.  I actually hadn't even heard of the tornados untill about 20 minutes ago in Yahoo IM.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:39:58 pm »
All is fine in north florida just lots of rain.  I must Admit I was too busy to check on the girls this morn before i left but every thing should be fine with them as well.  Thanks Kathyp

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:09:43 pm »
i wasn't paying much attention this am.  when i came in after feeding and the morning chores i found a note from red cross wanting me to update my availability status for a new disaster.  that always shoots up the old adrenaline!  glad to hear that you guys are ok.  Florida has an impressive disaster response plan.  it's always bad when this stuff happens, but it's worse in a state that isn't prepared.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 11:35:27 pm »
Kathy, it sounds like you are involved in some form of emergency response.  Not to be nosey, but I bet there would be alot of us members that would love to hear what you do.  Tell or not.  It is OK either way.

I think that all people that respond to any kind of disaster are very special to our world.  We should always be grateful for those that come to the need of the human race when so desperately needed.  It would be wonderful to be able to thank every single one involved, but that would never come to pass. 

I was grateful to hear the members of our forum that live in the Florida area are all well, with no disaster struck on them.  This is a good day.

Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BEE C

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 05:48:30 am »
wow I just saw what happened on the news tonight.  I can't even fathom that kind of disaster, having never witnessed something like that personally.  Glad to hear no one on here was hurt. 

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 11:42:23 am »
Sounds like Kathy volunteers with the red cross as a disaster relief person, I have taken the course but have never volunteer for it, I stuck to the first aid/cpr instructor side of the Red Cross.  But Kathy keep up the good work, not alot of volunteers anymore. 

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:49 am »
that's what i do.  i gave cindi a little overview in the coffee house.  it's fun and it does good. i meet great people from all over the place. it makes me keep my laundry caught up!

anything