Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pollen come in! Finally!  (Read 1337 times)

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Pollen come in! Finally!
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »
Winter's been tough on my apiary(s) but I saw some of the girls bringing in a little pollen yesterday as I fed pollen patties, checked supplies, and took care of a few dead outs.  Nothing makes you forget a hard winter like realizing it's over.  I'm still envious of you Southern latitude folks that are already catching swarms but lesser so now.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Pollen come in! Finally!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:36:40 pm »
I should see a little elm pollen pretty soon if I am there the day they are gathering it.  Looks like the silvered tar used to patch a trailer house roof.  Ground is still frozen hard as a brick here but that won't last long if the weather forecast stays the same. 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
Glad your bees are getting some pollen.  Want to be real envious, we got up to 78 degrees today, with a low of 54 tonight.  Just rubbing it in.  You will get warmer weather soon.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:46 pm »
Winter's been tough on my apiary(s) but I saw some of the girls bringing in a little pollen yesterday as I fed pollen patties, checked supplies, and took care of a few dead outs.  Nothing makes you forget a hard winter like realizing it's over.  I'm still envious of you Southern latitude folks that are already catching swarms but lesser so now.

Don't have any envy on us. My season is over almost as quick as it starts. About 8-10 weeks and over. Rarely a fall flow of any kind. I envy you guys but chose to keep our warmer winter weather  ;) It was around 76-78 today.
John 3:16

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 05:46:50 am »
 We're still getting dusting of snow at night and expecting a possible snow storm Thursday. Temps are finally going up though. No more weeks long high of 20 or below.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 07:43:13 pm »
yep another no shirt day here   thanks again for yo nuke design
to bee or not to bee