Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hello from Zagreb, Croatia  (Read 2148 times)

Offline saperica

• House Bee
hello from Zagreb, Croatia
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:26:05 pm »
greatings from Zaagreb, beekeeper from 2010, hope to have a good time here.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: hello from Zagreb, Croatia
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   Tell us about your set up there.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

Well to the forum.

Joe

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline saperica

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 06:02:47 pm »
I am beekeeping whit standard LR hives, and having skeps for swarm collecting. temporarley my bees are 60 km from my home in Zagreb at one farm. they volecting spring medow and poplar and of course apple an all other fruits. its great position for building up collonoes for First strong honey flow (Acaccia) and on the end of April and begining og the May bees are relocated close to Zagreb in a Acaccia rich part. they stay to the begining of june. then we relocate bees in the natural park Medvednica (hills that souraunding Zagreb) in to the natural Chestnut forrest on 800 m abowe sea  and they stay 40 (more or less) days there. and afzer that bees relocating to the summer and winter station in Posavina (where are still now) to collect Goldenrod and spring medow. after Goldenrod is szatt of the mite treatment whit formic acid, and this year probably whit Apiguard. soo gor start is litlle from me.
and i am a member of Beekeepers Attendance of City Zagreb.

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 08:55:25 pm »
Welcome.  I'd like to hear more about how you all keep bees and how it is different from us.

Offline saperica

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »
well it is not much diferent than in states, only that Croatia have great biodiversity in flora in a small space.
here is our site from our litlle society pcelinjak.hr/. because of the clima change and great draught in last year we have a lot of problems.
first of all this year i dont use LR super for honey super i use how its called in US Illinois honey super or Mediums? by us we calld them Farrar super by the L.C.Fararr (412 mm X 504 mm X 172 mm then frames) and in the future all of my brood super will be in that heigt (172 mm) and honey supers also.

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »
Going to all mediums or Illinois size boxes for hove bodies and supers has become very trendy here in the states.  I have way too much deep or 9 and 1/4" equipment to make he change right now.

anything