Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Rutgers U Alternative to tailgating!?  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Jessaboo

• House Bee
    • Three Little Birds
Rutgers U Alternative to tailgating!?
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:59:26 pm »
Just FYI for anyone in the NJ area who might be interested:

From Rutgers Magazine:

Preceding home games throughout the football season, professors will give lectures to tailgaters, fans, and anyone looking for the edifying experience of learning something before the game begins. Gameday Seminars take place at the Busch Dining Hall.

Saturday, October 18, 2008
Where Have All All the Bees Gone?
Rachael Winfree
Most plants need bee pollination. But honeybee populations worldwide are declining because of disease, development, and pesticides. Rachael Winfree - assistant professor of entomology at the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences examines the implications of declining bee populations for ecosystems and food production.

There are more seminars (not bee related) and you can get info here: http://ur.rutgers.edu/gameday/

- Jess

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Rutgers U Alternative to tailgating!?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 04:56:37 am »
Very interesting but the tailgaters probably would be more interested in topics such as barbecuing with v8 power or muffler wrapped potatoes, etc...  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Re: Rutgers U Alternative to tailgating!?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »
I guess that's the difference between tailgating in LA and tailgating in the North. Down here you would probably end up with 90K bourbon soaked Tiger fans looking for someplace to park their drunk butt for a few hours.

Keith