Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: April Snow in the Apiary  (Read 6670 times)

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
April Snow in the Apiary
« on: April 17, 2011, 12:03:20 pm »
Video

Yet more snow and it's April 17th. errrrrrrrrr.  :-D

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: April Snow in the Apiary
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:09:47 pm »
would that be your onion snow?LOL

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 12:43:53 pm »
Kind of looks like Northern New England in May  :evil:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:50:34 pm »
35 here this AM.  wonder if spring will ever come?  at least we don't have snow!   :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:14:14 pm »
Yes the onion family doesn't mind the cold. Maybe it should be the onion snow moon .  :-D

Well at least it is snow and not a tornado.  ;)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:41 pm »
Nice video, but you can keep that white stuff up there.   :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »
Man that's one heck of a place ya got there! You're gonna have to have us all come up for a fishing fest!

Scott

P.S. Sorry 'bout the snow
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
Nice video of a Michigan spring, but it didn’t capture the full effect of snow AND wind!  

If any bees ventured out here today, they got blown over to the next County, or into Canada….

Offline Picobrew

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 02:36:44 am »
The historic average high temperature on this date is 56F.  We didn't get there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think cayenne, I think cayenne.

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »
Man that's one heck of a place ya got there! You're gonna have to have us all come up for a fishing fest!

Sure. The best fishing of the year was about 3 weeks ago, when steelhead, walleye and black horse suckers are all up spawning. The walleye are out of season so they have to be released, but fun to catch. The suckers in the spring actually eat pretty good if you score the meat every 1/4 inch down to the skin. Or can them. Steelhead are great fun to catch and eat pretty good too. Have JP bring up some blackened seasoning, cause I think they eat the best blackened.

Also bring all the down and/or woolen clothes you have. It is still dang cold out then.

The fall, mid September to mid October is when the salmon run and that is fun too, but they are dying and are really concerned with getting their one piece of tail in their lifetime, rather than fighting the other person at the end of the line. I am getting soft hearted and hardly fish them anymore, not wanting to disturb their last chance at some fun.  :-D

I was more thinking of shaving my head and coming to FL and call myself Scott's older, fatter brother and helping with some swarms and cut-outs.  :-D

Thx.

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »
The historic average high temperature on this date is 56F.  We didn't get there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More snow for tomorrow, eh.

That looks like prime black morel area by your hives.  ;) This might be one of those years when you can go out and find black phallic symbols sticking out of the snow.  :-D

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:17 pm »
Nice video of a Michigan spring, but it didn’t capture the full effect of snow AND wind!  

If any bees ventured out here today, they got blown over to the next County, or into Canada….

Yes the video didn't get the wind. But hey there is always tomorrow.  :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »
You're welcome here anytime fish! I can take you fishin' for both fresh water and saltwater fish...crabs, oysters, clams, shrimp....

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything