Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31  (Read 26294 times)

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
Re: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2009, 01:19:45 pm »
Thank you Robo for the link, and thank you Bee-Commerce for including beekers west of the Mississippi.  I will make sure our members and other clubs get this discount ad. Have a happy Thanksgiving and merry CHRISTmas holidays.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2009, 03:03:22 pm »
woodchopper, if you are in maine, buy your woodenware from humble abodes and forget about the shipping...just pick it up.

http://humbleabodesinc.com/

deknow
We have a summer home in So. Maine which is about a 2 1/2 - 3 hours one way drive from where the Humble Abode plant is. Their prices are pretty close but with the addition of the cost of gas it's much cheaper to have my order delivered right to my front door. I'd like to support a somewhat local business but can't afford that much of a difference.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2009, 03:20:52 pm »
the only other advice i can offer is find a loading dock you can borrow, and pool your orders with others and get truck shipments of pallets (or better yet, get enough bees to justify a pallet for yourself).  i can't remember what truck shipment of a small pallet of woodenware from humble abodes cost in shipping (i think it was $150 to massachusetts for 100 deep boxes, 1000 frames, plus some 100 custom cut shims), but well worth it.  we always buy their budget grade.

deknow

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
the only other advice i can offer is find a loading dock you can borrow, and pool your orders with others and get truck shipments of pallets (or better yet, get enough bees to justify a pallet for yourself).  i can't remember what truck shipment of a small pallet of woodenware from humble abodes cost in shipping (i think it was $150 to massachusetts for 100 deep boxes, 1000 frames, plus some 100 custom cut shims), but well worth it.  we always buy their budget grade.

deknow
Thanks for the advice. I'm just a small timer so my order will only consist of : 200 frames, three 8 frame inner covers, six 8 frame medium supers, and 10 mouse guards as of now. Might buy some Mite-Away 2 but have to check to see what we have on hand.
 ETA: I'm the PROUD owner of a new Porter-Cable compressor that will be used exclusively for making and/or assembling new bee equipment. Got a killer DEAL on it from Home Desperate. :-D :-D :-D
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

anything