Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Close call  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Close call
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »
I was putting together a 3 1/2 inch shim for my 8 frame hive with an airnail er and here is what happened

http://picasaweb.google.com/irwin453/JustSomePicS#5453723105382295170

http://picasaweb.google.com/irwin453/JustSomePicS#5453725408456278626
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
Re: Close call
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:30:02 pm »
Yea, I hate when that happens. Seems the staple gets redirected by the grain of the wood.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:18:56 pm »
that sucks.  that seems to happen more often when i don't have the pressure high enough.  i see that yours are not driving in all the way flush with the wood.  
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 03:24:12 pm »
Yes it has happen to me.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :) 
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »
that sucks.  that seems to happen more often when i don't have the pressure high enough.  i see that yours are not driving in all the way flush with the wood.  
I unplugged the compresser too plug in the tablesaw to do some thing and it took me two joint's to figure that one out :roll:
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 04:22:30 pm »
It didn't take Kathy long to figure it out, and she wasn't even there. She's one smart lady.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 04:43:31 pm »
nope.  just shot a lot of nails sideways!   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 05:42:37 pm »
And modest, too.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »
iddee, i never know if you are exercising your sarcasm skills.   :-*

irwin, i'll try to remember to take pics of the box that i have with the whole side of nails sideways.  i wasn't paying attention!  it's just one of those things........

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 10:38:12 pm »
What really stinks is when you've got your finger there holding it.  Done that, went almost through my thumb, and that was with a #8 nail.

I did have the same thing this weekend, took the nailer apart twice before I realized it wasn't the nailer but that I'd unplugged the compresser to plug in the saw and forgot it.  DUH!!  (my excuse is that I haven't done this for a while and was in a hurry to get it done and distracted!!)
Rick

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 12:22:15 am »
What really stinks is when you've got your finger there holding it.  Done that, went almost through my thumb, and that was with a #8 nail.

I did have the same thing this weekend, took the nailer apart twice before I realized it wasn't the nailer but that I'd unplugged the compresser to plug in the saw and forgot it.  DUH!!  (my excuse is that I haven't done this for a while and was in a hurry to get it done and distracted!!)

I had a picture of me holding a frame with a staple comming out right thrugh my fingernail on my old phone., dont take but once like that and you never hold close while shooting again.  

I was having trouble getting the staples to recess one nite, like they always do when the compressor is about to kick on, so I thought enough of this I gonna reset the preassure switch.  Cranked it up and tried to staple, still wouldn't recess the staples.  Went and turned it up again, again no joy!  turned it up all the way and still wasn't working.   :hissyfit:  tore the stapler apart, checked and cleaned all the parts. still didn't work.  After midnight by now so gave up and went to the house fuming.   Next AM walked to the shop with coffee to further study.... was sittiing there pondedring the problem considering going to buy a new gun, when my eyes swept across a shelf with various cans of paint, rubbing coumpound and ...... a lone bottle of..... "air tool oil"  ........   4 drops in the air hose connection... been working like a top every since. :roll:  Aint no fixing stupid.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

anything