Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NZ Invention Electric Wire Embedder  (Read 13845 times)

Offline tyb

• New Bee
Re: NZ Invention Electric Wire Embedder
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 09:15:36 pm »
That will be interesting! Please post here when you have made this -I will be interested to hear how well it works. : )

Offline tyb

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 09:28:16 pm »
Hi Michael, that system looks similar to the one I use, but I find the very simple switch on mine useful in that you can control the exact time the current goes through the wire simply by how long you press down with your thumb whereas with an On/Off switch you don't have that degree of control -it's either on or off.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 10:02:05 pm »
Same principle as mine.  Except mine has pieces of sheet metal instead of nails making it easier to put on the wire than the tip of a nail.

And I use a 12V door bell transformer instead of a battery charger,  once again, same principle though.

I commend you on your inginuity to use common parts that you had on hand.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline tyb

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 10:17:47 pm »
Thank you Robo! I like your system very much and intend to make one the same, out of interest. By the way, the nails on my embedder are hammered flat at the ends so there is no pointed tip to the nail -very similar to your pieces of sheetmetal. Thanks for sharing the photos -it's an elegant device!

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 02:03:23 am »

With the 1000 W heater in the circuit you have one advantage. When you touch wire it gives sparcles but peg will not burn.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 06:17:24 pm »
Can you Purchase one of these from Brushy?
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 02:08:44 am »
I have thinked over and I make a 2 inch wide system with which I repair my wirings if melting have not succeeded in first time. Otherwise my system is very fast. ---Foundation in it's site and then circuit to two heads of wire.