Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: about equipment from china  (Read 13759 times)

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
Re: about equipment from china
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 12:39:01 am »
You say buy american. look around people.those days are gone. The problem is not with the seller. Its with the buyer. If we all refused to buy non american products they would not be here for sale.

A few years ago I listened to a teamster business agent (truck drivers union)  talk to a large group of teamster members about this same thing "buy American " He sounded like a cheerleader at a ball game. Raved on and on, passed out bumper stickers,all types of sighns and hand bills etc.
saying BUY AMERICAN

When i left the meeting hall a few of us stood outside talking when this person came out of the hall, he handed out some more sighns went to and got in his car that had a bumper sticker on it saying "buy american"  THE CAR WAS VW BUG.

We have a country a lot closer to the U.S.A. than China  that need watching.   

Offline wtiger

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 06:52:01 am »
Cars are on of those things where I would avoid buying American.  The automakers Unions have totally screwed GM and ford.  Only their high end cars and trucks are worth buying.  Everything else is junk. in my opinion and experience.  Heck if you buy a foreign vehicle anymore it's more likely that it was built in the US than if you buy a Ford or GM.  Now that's pretty sad.  Oh and I don't edvocate buying only american.  Just buying products that weren't made in a country where virtual slave labor is the norm and communism isn't the name of the game.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 07:06:53 am »
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:37 am »
Americans want high wages,health insurance and other good job benifits.  They also refuse to pay the price of the products that were produced under those conditions. 
just a observation.

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 11:03:36 am »
Americans want high wages,health insurance and other good job benifits.  They also refuse to pay the price of the products that were produced under those conditions. 
just a observation.

Isn't that part of the american dream? Make big money, have good insurance, retire early. Move to florida.  Charlie 

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 12:04:39 pm »
I never understood inflation. Nor do I understand the reasoning behind minimum wage laws. What good does it do to raise the wages if the result is price hiking?

What good does it do to make $100.00 bucks an hour if your morning cup of coffee cost you $88.50 and the donut is $20.00.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 03:29:57 pm »
>What good does it do to raise the wages if the result is price hiking?

Exactly.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything