Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Round up  (Read 2852 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee

Offline hivemind88

• New Bee
Re: Round up
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »
I am sure Monsanto's official apology will be "Whoops, oh well." You just can't outsmart the environment, but you can outsmart a nation of people into paying a bunch of money to poison their soil and let a company legally own corn and soy. It is only a matter of time before you have a fungal spore in our food that cause infertility, sickness or death in humans. I think we have reached a point in farming where more chemicals on the soil and in the DNA won't help our food. That is a frightening article that I hope acts as a wake up call to the FDA.
I have had 2 hives for the last 3 years. I keep an emergency button on myself for allergic reactions. Beekeeping is my passion and I try to spread my love for bees everywhere I go.

Offline phil c

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:54:50 pm »
I believe geneticly modified "food" will be the death of us all.
AMC cars, Jeeps, Mineapolis Moline Tractors, Bees, More stuff than I have time to play with

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:49:44 am »
I found the article to be all over the radar seems the author had a limitied number of words to use and wanted to hit all the hot buttons. One thing I did find strange

On January 27, Vilsack gave blanket approval to all genetically modified alfalfa. Following orders from President Obama, he also removed buffer zone requirements. This is seen as a deliberate move to contaminate natural crops and destroy the organic meat and dairy industry which relies on GM-free alfalfa.

Buffer zone requirements are essential to wildlife from songbirds to moose ducks to deer all require these wild areas. I see it all to often around my land. Farmers plow to the boundry to within inches of the road. there are no wild areas around the fields anymore. They even spray ditches to kill the grass in them. In the end its the farmers land and his or her call, but I see it as a bad practice growing up they always had the wild edges of fields why the change?

Sorry to stray of topic
back on topic Round up bad Monsanto evil :evil: :evil:

Keith

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:51:00 am »
I am not a Monsanto fan, but I have to give this the benefit of the doubt.  :-\

The item of discovery is a "micro-fungal".

I might hypothesis that by killing of large quantities of plants, that we might also be kill what is predatory to fungus.

Just because Round-up isn't also fungicide, should not incriminate it as the cause.

(IE - I shouldn't be accused of increasing your neighborhood mice problem if I take all the stay cats to the pound.)
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.