Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from VA!  (Read 7834 times)

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Re: Hello from VA!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:29 am »
I am a firm believer in propolis.  Started taking it daily in May last year.  My allergies always freak out in Mid October.  They did not this past year.  I am sure that propolis played a major role.  I also am eating alot more honey than ever before so maybe it was a combination of the two.  I tried to get my wife to take it with me but she did not like the look of it.  Well, after she was all snotted up this past fall and I was not, she became a convert.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 01:00:52 am »
lol copy and paste :jail:
No offense sir, but duh (copy & paste). Im not that old yet. I guess I should have clarified- got it posted w/out getting that horrible message. I dont do yellow stripes either (will leave that to the bees) On another note lotta good info. I am finding here.  :-D

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 01:07:51 am »
I am a firm believer in propolis.  Started taking it daily in May last year.  My allergies always freak out in Mid October.  They did not this past year.  I am sure that propolis played a major role.  I also am eating alot more honey than ever before so maybe it was a combination of the two.  I tried to get my wife to take it with me but she did not like the look of it.  Well, after she was all snotted up this past fall and I was not, she became a convert.
I have not heard of this before. Ill have to google it. In the winter I put honey in my tea, but now that its warm I dont drink tea. Will def. look into.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:46 am »
Shanevrr- emailed u ac question.(did test email)

Offline rail

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:24 am »
This is all new to me, but I am doing some research to see if this is a viable option for me or not. I had been told that consuming local honey would help w/ sinus problems. Does anyone know if this is true? :-D

I suffered from severe allergies during the spring and fall here in the Piedmont! In the spring time the pollen turns everything yellow when plants and trees bloom.

I was taken several sinus medications and my system became immune to them. Last resort were bi-weekly shots. I talked with a local farmer and he recommended eating honey from a source within a 25 mile radius and "stopping the sinus medications!"

It works for me and I have been problem free since, that's why I'm here to learn about bees. I can't wait to receive my package of bees in May for the garden and honey for sinus relief.

Charles
Sirach

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 08:19:06 am »
Shanevrr- emailed u ac question.(did test email)

yea i got it, but you can just email me directly, you dont have to go through forums.  i cant reply to it.

propolis is whats helps immune system, never heard about allergy thing
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »
Charles- thanks. It seems there are varying view on wheather a regular diet  of honey,will have a profound effect on allergies or not.