Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Father O'Malley vs Seargent Jones  (Read 2145 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Father O'Malley vs Seargent Jones
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:30:54 pm »
An Irish priest was transferred to the Ballina parish. 

Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning.  It was a fine spring day in his new Ballina parish.   He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.  He then noticed there was a Donkey lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

Not knowing who else to call, he promptly called the local police station.  The conversation went like this:

''Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day ter yer good self. This is Father O'Malley at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. There's a Donkey lying dead right in der middle of me front lawn "

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment and then Father O'Malley replied:  "Ah, 'to be sure, that is true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin."
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Father O'Malley vs Seargent Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
lmao  :lau: :lau: :devilbanana:

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:25:40 am »
Every time someone makes a crack about my last name, "Bray, isn't that what a donkey says?" I always answer, "Yes, any Jacka$$ knows that!"
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:30:57 am »
 X:X
be happy and make others happy.