Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What was the first thread?  (Read 2639 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
What was the first thread?
« on: June 07, 2014, 06:21:32 am »
RHbee just pointed out the the Bee suit thread is 9 years old.
It makes me wonder, what was the first thread? Is there a way to find out.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
Re: What was the first thread?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:57:21 am »
Jim,
I figure "beemaster" created this forum. I checked his profile, stands to reason that he made the first post, his first was in February of 2004.
Not sure, just a hunch.
Ray
Later,
Ray

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:06:25 am »
Ray,
I tried doing a search by age, 3650 to 9999 with the word " the" and beemaster and results by oldest.
Nothing found. I'm sure there is a way.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 07:13:03 am »
Jim,
I your profile at the bottom there is an option to see last posts. Look there.
Ray
Later,
Ray

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 07:21:12 am »
Thanks Ray, that worked. And here it is.

3531     BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER / GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / How Experienced are you at Beekeeping    on: February 22, 2004, 06:47:16 PM
Please share your level of Beekeeping experience. My site is designed for the Backyard Beekeeper, hobbyist and students looking for general answers to beekeeping, but the forum is a great place for anyone who wishes to share their insight, questions, stories and answers with others who have similar interest.

Not 100% sure it is the first post.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 07:28:46 am »
Most likely thats it. :)
Hers the link if anyone wants to check it out:
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,4.msg5.html#msg5

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:53 am »
Thanks Buzzbee.
I answered the pole to see the results. I'm very surprised to see very few results for a poll that old and so generic.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 07:40:31 am »
It's amazing how far the technology has changed since I started here in 2006.I remember that  having avatars was a big issue for some folks back then as it really made pages slow to load on a dialup connection. When we started allowing videos,even more were a bit frustrated but we hung with it to keep up with modern  times. At that time we did not really see the coming of the cell phone ability to load live videos to the internet for sharing as well as tapatalk apps and such to drop in wherever you may be .
 We had a few of the younger generation  on the forum at the time that joined us in Ventrilo voice chat and discussed what some of the younger generation were using technology wise as they were born into this digital age. Nepenthes,Apis629, and a young lad from Croatia whos name escapes me at the moment come to mind.
2014 is the tenth year for the forum and it's membership is still growing. I think the personal connections get lost via the facebook pages and still prefer this forum to communicate with other beekeepers as I have made many friends through here.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:55 am »
Buzzbee, I agree this is the best forum.
I do not even have a Facebook access by choice. I see too many problems with that system.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 07:47:25 am »
Finding websites of personal interest was not nearly as easy back then as it is now with the broadband and always on connections. And beekeepers seeking out others probably was not quite as popular as when CCD hit the front pages. And lets also not forget home pC usage was just starting to get more affordable at this time. Multimedia pcs were still a huge investment moneywise, and search engines were not nearly as capable as they are today.
Do you remember Alta Vista and the Netscape browsers were the rave back then, as well as many people used access through AOL or Prodigy/ Going directly to the web was spotty at best.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:46 am »
I definitely remember AOL. They gave my son, a quadriplegic, a job when he was just a junior in high school. He worked for them for 10 years until they moved the call center over sees. Thanks to our government regulations. He had to wait until summer to start training, 8 hour days for 2 weeks. If he had started when they wanted him to in his junior year, he would probably be a millionaire. They gave out 2000 shares to their employ es that spring. Their stock climbed and split at least 8 times before he was laid off. They really helped my son out, even gave him the best separation package that really helped him out to this day.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline flyboy

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 11:54:23 am »
I definitely remember AOL. They gave my son, a quadriplegic, a job when he was just a junior in high school. He worked for them for 10 years until they moved the call center over sees. Thanks to our government regulations. He had to wait until summer to start training, 8 hour days for 2 weeks. If he had started when they wanted him to in his junior year, he would probably be a millionaire. They gave out 2000 shares to their employ es that spring. Their stock climbed and split at least 8 times before he was laid off. They really helped my son out, even gave him the best separation package that really helped him out to this day.
Jim
Nice story!
Cheers
Al
First packages - 2 queens and bees May 17 2014 - doing well