Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Silly bees, that mobile isn't for you  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Bittersweet

• New Bee
Silly bees, that mobile isn't for you
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:04:41 pm »
I have a mobile home that is used for storage about twenty feet from my house, which I plan to empty and get rid of soon. Problem is that there is a hive behind the water heater, under the tub, I can't actually see the hive but I know right where it is. The hive has been there awhile at least a year, it doesn't bother me or anyone else and the bees are super mellow and well behaved. They are a treat to watch. In fact we had snow for a week and a half in January and they were still flying about, I guess their hive is really insulated. However, like I said, I would like to clear out that mobile and get rid of it, I can clear it out without any problem from the bees, but I don't want to harm them or cause them any distress when I tear down the mobile. Is there a way to move or lure the colony, queen and all into a manmade hive without them trying to move back into their current one?

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
Re: Silly bees, that mobile isn't for you
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:27:37 pm »
Bittersweet, if you can let people know where your location is, there may be a beekeeper that would be willing to attempt to remove it for you. There is no way, unfortunately, to lure them to a new location once they have an established hive.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
Re: Silly bees, that mobile isn't for you
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:50:44 pm »
If you are tearing it down anyway, then the remover will not have to worry about reconstruction.  Where are you?

anything