Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beehive Manager for Android  (Read 17752 times)

Offline bumblebeetuna

• New Bee
Beehive Manager for Android
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:05:19 pm »
Hey,
I just wanted to ask everyone with an Android device to check out the latest version of my beekeeping app. From the android (now google play) market, search for beehive manager.

In this release I tried translating it with Google Translate.   It's now in French, German, Italian, Swedish, and Greek.  Hopefully, the meanings are kept intact.

-BBT

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
Re: Beehive Manager for Android
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:42 am »
What does your app do?

Offline bumblebeetuna

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »
It's meant to keep track of your hive records.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »
Pretty slick... you might want to check the Hive Age... not returning values correctly. Add super button is not working when you Add Super option.

-Doug
KD4MOJ

Offline bumblebeetuna

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:44:56 am »
Ya, the age bug is because I accidently used the year string twice rather than the month string.  I haven't been able to reproduce the super bug though. 

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »
I have it on my phone, haven't had alot of time to try it out yet though.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline wwwcight

• Brood
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:23:16 am »
I just wanted to ask everyone with an Android device to check out the latest version of my beekeeping app. From the android (now google play) market, search for beehive manager.

• That's pretty useful, but
  • does it do inspection records?
  • can I export the data at all?
[/li]

[/list]

Offline bumblebeetuna

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:48 am »
It doesn't have an inspection form to fill out.  The things you might track in an inspection are there, but under their own menu.  I'm still working on the development of the app, and there are a number of features I would like to implement still.  Currently, I'm working on (and trying to figure out) how to backup the data "to the cloud" and also offer device syncing.  When that's done, data export wouldn't be too difficult since the data has to be packaged up for online storage.  I'm not sure which format would be good, XML?  I'm not aware of any beekeeping record standardized format.  Having a formal inspection form is something I want to implement, but hadn't come up with a good way until I started writing this post.

Offline Nature Coast Beek

• House Bee
  • Suck it up, buttercup!
    • Both Feet In
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 07:00:43 pm »
Downloaded it today. Still messing around with it at the moment, but looks to be pretty easy to use and a good "tracker" type program.