Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: different approach to same problem  (Read 4756 times)

Offline beesarewe

• Brood
different approach to same problem
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:02:06 pm »
Try securing(use screws)two 1'><1/12"><15"across front and rear but below cover of super,much easier to handle and make

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: different approach to same problem
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:46 am »
beesarewe.  Welcome to our forum, you are new, you will love this place to give advice, take advice, listen and learn.  Spend time here, we love to have new members coming here, it is a great place to be.   Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi

I didn't understand what your post was about, I must have missed something, please elaborate for me.  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:44 pm »
Yes cleated boxes are much easer to carry thats for sure -wish they came that way sometimes -takes a bit of time to do if you have a lot of boxes -thanks for the tip-  8-)      RDY-B

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »
the only problem i see with cleated boxes is that moisture can get between the cleat and the box and cause rot.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 06:53:48 pm »
The best ones i have seen-have a slight angel cut on the top side of the cleat so water drains away -plus this person calked the top also -like i said takes time to do all that -but if you use a boom truck cleats are a must for the forks of the cradle - I will stick to four way pallets and use somebody else's forklift  :-D but they are nice to pick up -easy on the hands and fingers  8-)  RDY-B

Offline Paraplegic Racehorse

• House Bee
  • Kilted beekeepers unite!
    • Me Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 03:01:18 pm »
the only problem i see with cleated boxes is that moisture can get between the cleat and the box and cause rot.

Isn't that what they make Gorilla Glue for?
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
Member in good standing: International Discordance of Kilted Apiarists, Local #994

The World Beehive Project - I endeavor to build at least one of every beehive in common use today and document the entire process.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 07:12:36 pm »
You mean duct tape wont work :-D  RDY-B

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 11:14:15 pm »

Isn't that what they make Gorilla Glue for?
You mean duct tape wont work   RDY-B

Everything fails sometimes.  That's why they make baling wire.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:47:10 am »
Beesarewe.  Very impressive looking bee beard in your avatar, is that you?  Hee, hee, you got guts.  Beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 12:50:51 pm »
   Bailing wire and chewing gum... Sounds familiar!!! :-D
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)