Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to board and beekeeping  (Read 3121 times)

Offline winenutguy

• House Bee
New to board and beekeeping
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:09:21 pm »
 Hello All;
I am new to beekeeping and this board. I live in N.W. Washington state.  I'm very excited about having two hives next spring.  This looks like a great place to pick up tips and ask questions. Is there anyone else here from N.W. Washington?   

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: New to board and beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:20:34 pm »
Hello and welcome to the group winenutguy!!!
this forum have alot of great information.
If you have any question just ask>
again welcome

Johnny

Offline winenutguy

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:24:35 pm »
Thank you!  I plan to do things organically when I start my hives in the spring.  This forum seems to have some great information.  I look forward to being a frequent visitor!  Winenutguy.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:40:42 pm »
I getting my first  bees in May 2009 :evil:
They are going to be Russian Bees

Johnny

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:59:53 am »
Howdy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:02:30 am »
Welcome!  Where in NW WA are you located?  As you know we have many microclimates. Sean Kelly & I live in Buckley. Bill W on the coast, Brian in Anacortes, one lady is in Tacoma & I think a lady in Enumclaw.  Which bee association did you join? Sean & I go to the Puyallup meetings (when we remember.... :roll:)  If you are close to Auburn Trees N Bees hass all day workshops in the spring as well as packages of bees & equipment.  I too am trying to go natural as possible but will treat if I have to. !st year for me so next spring will tell if I was successful!  The members on this forum can answer any questions you may have, from many different viewpoints, take what you can use & file the rest away for later!  Again, welcome! If you are close you can come & see my bees!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:08:14 am »
Winenutguy.  Welcome to our forum.  This is a place where you can spend some great time, learning, getting ready to get your bees next spring.  You will have a mountain of questions, and your questions will be answered.  As the time gets closer to your getting bees, you will find excitement beyond your wildest dreams, you won't be able to wait to get them and get in their hands on with them.  Stick around, here you will make some great and new friends too, have the most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline winenutguy

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:17 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I live up in Bellingham and have joined the Mt. Baker Beekeepers Club.  I've only been to one meeting but they have several members that have been keeping bees for years.  I'm looking forward to stealing all the information I can!  Here in Washington their is also a state approved program of classes where you can learn from Master Certified beekeepers and eventually become one yourself.  This club has two Master beekeepers as members so I am sure there will be lots of opportunities to learn and for help.  This forum also promises to be a great resource.  Thank you again for the warm welcome.  Winenutguy

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:56 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I live up in Bellingham and have joined the Mt. Baker Beekeepers Club.  I've only been to one meeting but they have several members that have been keeping bees for years.  I'm looking forward to stealing all the information I can!  Here in Washington their is also a state approved program of classes where you can learn from Master Certified beekeepers and eventually become one yourself.  This club has two Master beekeepers as members so I am sure there will be lots of opportunities to learn and for help.  This forum also promises to be a great resource.  Thank you again for the warm welcome.  Winenutguy

Do you know Jerry Guilmette of Busy Bee Pollenation Services and fellow pigeon racer?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything