Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey, from Wayne County Ohio  (Read 1760 times)

Offline rufus

• New Bee
Hey, from Wayne County Ohio
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:17:38 am »
I just bought my first two sets of hives and ordered two packages of carnolians last week.  I am completely new to beekeeping, but the neighbor has had bees for two years now.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hey, from Wayne County Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 07:26:20 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Did you go to the Tri-County Meeting at the OARDC? I've been wanting to attend that meeting for a number of years now, but it seems I'm always booked that weekend. I used to live in Holmes County (30+ years ago) so it would be a fun trip to make.

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a useful site to learn more about bees and beekeeping. Having a neighbor for mentor will be big help. Be sure to add your location to your profile so we know where you are when you post.

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:17:35 am »
Hi Rufus,
Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of beekeeping and this forum! I am just a little north of you in Summit County.
Alan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   Nice to have someone close by to ask questions.

Offline rufus

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:05 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Did you go to the Tri-County Meeting at the OARDC? I've been wanting to attend that meeting for a number of years now, but it seems I'm always booked that weekend. I used to live in Holmes County (30+ years ago) so it would be a fun trip to make.

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a useful site to learn more about bees and beekeeping. Having a neighbor for mentor will be big help. Be sure to add your location to your profile so we know where you are when you post.

Oh yea, I was there this year and had a great time!

anything