Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: stork in ruins  (Read 2821 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
stork in ruins
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:04:58 pm »
At my village there is a church from the VI century, from the Barbarians invasions times, that is useful at last. This stork has built the nest there.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: stork in ruins
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:33:22 pm »
uh, gotta love the picture, brings out memoryes inside me. we had a simmilar stork nesting site. they had a nest right on top of a castle ruin, on top of the clock tower, just beautiful!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 06:51:37 pm »
in the US of A, we don't have any really old stuff to crawl around in.  i just love going through ruins and trying to imagine what the people were like.  one thing i noticed....most of the places i've gone the people must have been much smaller!  i am 5' 8".  i knock my head on doorways :-)

glad the stork still has a use for the old stuff!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:27:31 am »
When my family moved to live in an old house of my grand mother, built 250 years ago, my head could feel the "weight of the History". Being the man the single animal that repeat the mistakes, I memorized every lintel with many coscorrons. :-D

But the windows and doors size along the architecture history is caused by the technology, not by the human stature. Finishing the Roman Empire buildings had few and small windows, and headache doors, it was the romanic stile, Europe forgot the technology used during the Empire. Finishing the medieval era came the gothic, something better, and would be superated by the Neoclassic, with light and colour.

In Spain, in eternal decadency since Napoleon and French influence, was built the house where I killed my neurones because I did not have a helmet like buzzbee.

Offline newbee101

• House Bee
    • http://www.acmepainting.com
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:30:13 pm »
BEAUTIFUL!
"To bee or not to bee"