Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another Newbee in Maryland  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Barbara

• House Bee
Another Newbee in Maryland
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:03:15 pm »
My partner and I have just had a new house built in Carroll County and we were looking for way to expand our efforts in helping the environment.  We saw the Beekeeping Short Course on the fairground's notice board and on a whim we registered for the class  After the first class we were hooked.  We are now members of the Carroll County Beekeeping Association, have ordered our hives and our two nucs and are looking forward to assembling the hives and introducing our bees.

Barbara
Barbara

Offline dlmarti

• House Bee
Re: Another Newbee in Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:41:03 pm »
Congrats, it sounds like your doing it right (unlike me) :)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »
hey Barbara!!
 Like dlmarti says,...Congratulations!
 And, welcome to the forums!. We here are very excited to welcome new "Bee Addicts"!
 I cant wait for you to get your bees! I mean, theres not much that excites me(well, there really is) but getting my bees was a high point in my life!...I would go into it again but I've written about it so many times the story gets bigger and bigger!..One more time and the people here will consider it an "Epic" Ok,...here ya go, in a nutshell....Christmas,.... first date,.....new puppy,.....Blubbering like a fool....
 Its GREAT!...Good thing you have someone to share this with and that they're interested.....You'll find out that people at work and your usual friends will thin out some(ok,..alot!) as they're gonna be sick and tired of you constantly talking "BEES THIS" or "BEES THAT"!
 Theres no going back!..Its just a matter of living a long time now! (Ive noticed that most beekeepers are old). This means that beekeeping is good for you!
 Anyways, we wanna hear more from you!
 And, again,..welcome to your "New Family"
your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:59:52 am »
Barbara, welcome to our forum!!  You have found the best place for you to spend time and learn here too.  So much to learn and you're gonna love every minute of it.  You have already found out that you have fell under the spell of the honeybee, there is nothing that can define the addiction that this beautiful world of the honeybee creates.  We are all honeybee addicts.  I speak for everyone, hee, hee.  Welcome.  Just wait until you get your bees, you ain't seen nuthn' yet!!!

Spend time with us, you will make new friends, some of us are funnnnnneeeeier than the funniest things on earth, you have already heard from one guy here (yes, John, that means you, hee, hee).  You will have experiences to tell us, we love to hear stories of what people are up to, we are a caring group, this you will find out.  So for now, learn lots, ask lots of questions, no question is a dumb question, and well all learn this way.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, lovin' our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything