Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello From Berkeley Springs, WV  (Read 2193 times)

Offline bullybrink

• New Bee
Hello From Berkeley Springs, WV
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:21:32 pm »
I have always had an interest in honeybees since I first saw them on a field trip way back in elementary school. I remember putting honey on my fingers and letting the bees walk all over my hand. (My friends thought I was crazy.) Now after 20 some years I am starting my first hive. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding beekeeping for the last couple of years. I can't wait to get started and hope that I don't screw up too much.
I also found it quit interesting how many beekeepers their are that live so close to me. Some of you on here are virtually my neighbors. :)

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello From Berkeley Springs, WV
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:47:43 pm »
Hello and Welcome Bullybrink
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03:42 am »
Welcome.  You've found a great community here and certainly a great resource.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:36:13 am »
Well if you don't screw up you are not trying hard enough so don't worry about screwing up!  Welcome aboard and good luck.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:16:10 am »
screwing up is how you learn :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 11:46:38 am »
Bullybrink, welcome to our forum.  Boy, have we had some new members with the most interesting handles.  Your name conjures up some pretty funny thoughts here.  Tell us about your member name in that forum (how I chose my member name), we love to hear these things.  Or tell it here, doesn't matter.

So, as a child you were a trickster.  I wonder what you are like now, smiling.  THat was pretty funny how you made the bees go on your honey-laden fingers with your fellow mates aghast, cool.  Stick around.  This will be a place where you can learn lots, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, and...make some new and great friends.  We are that crew of people that love to listen and help.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, life, health, love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything