Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Information please  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
Re: Information please
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 07:04:49 pm »
Contactme_11

Thanks for the reply, shame I can't find a picture of the back.
The original post I made above, I believe the fellow on the site called them greater-polish style hives, from long ago.

Thanks Again
Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »
look in and select which comb you wanted to take and cut or break it off.

so no removable frames?  seems to me you could do removable frames without much trouble.  someone would have to invent something to lift loose the first frame you wanted to pull but after that, sliding them free shouldn't be to hard.  a regular hive tool would do it.

I actually like the design but the 2 reasons I think they are no longer popular is the lack of removable frames, which I do think could be easily redesigned; and a hinged door, which most certainly would get glued shut with a huge amount of propolis.

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 03:12:54 pm »
Contactme_11

Thanks for the reply, shame I can't find a picture of the back.
Look real close at the 2nd picture in the row.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
If anyone did not check them out. Make sure you look at the Gallery in the link that Bee-Bop posted. They are some beautiful pictures.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 09:13:10 pm »
I guess this one might be something Jeff could use at one of his comedy shows. You might be a redneck if you spend more time hand rubbing the finish on your life size, hand carved, woman's figure, bee hive than you do working on the honey do list, you might be a redneck. :-D :evil: