Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "Thank you" to all who have posted to this forum  (Read 2008 times)

Offline woodsstalker

• New Bee
"Thank you" to all who have posted to this forum
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
I want to thank all of you bee keepers that have taken the time and made the effort to post to this forum and thus sharing your knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for and of this hobby.

I felt the only way I could do this and get my thanks out to everyone in a manner in which I could be assured most of you would see it was to post it by way of a new topic.

During the course of the past several days I have been reading these forums and, truly, have learned a lot.

There are some really good people on this forum.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: "Thank you" to all who have posted to this forum
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:54:56 pm »
it's good to have new people asking questions.  it's keeps old beekeepers sharp and makes them think about what they're doing.   :-D  + sometimes new folks come up with some head scratchers that either make us smile or make us do research....or both....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:59 pm »
And new friends are great!
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »
I would just like to second woodsstalker...

All you guys and gals are just great.

I know a lot of our questions might seem a little dumb but with every answer we get from y'all relieves some of our fears.

When you start something new its nice to know someone has your back.

You help makes us more successful.

Thanks for you time and patients.

We need you guys and your experience.

Thanks again for all your help.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:23:42 pm »
Woodsstalker, here is where I have picked up most of what I know about beek not that I know a lot.  You can learn a good bit here.

Joe

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:37:25 pm »
I always keep an open mind, I read a lot of messages and answer a few.
I figure when I get to where I think I know everything it's time to stop and regroup.
Like I use to tell pilots I would train on towboats, I watch every pilot that sits behind the steering sticks.
I might learn something new.
I use the same saying in beekeeping too.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 11:46:05 pm »
That's real nice, but keep in mind, we learned from someone else also. We are really in the "pass it forward" mode. So, keep the questions coming and we will be doing the same.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 03:49:46 am »
There are some really good people on this forum.

Yes there is. These folks got me through my first year.I've looked in other forums and not seen the quick responses I've gotten here. Lots learned and lots left to learn. Good luck.
Later,
Ray

Offline woodsstalker

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:01 am »
Thanks Guys for the back up. On second thought I felt my posting might have been a bit corny. But glad I made it.

Two days after the posting I am still looking, reading and learning.

We are quite fortunate in that we have some well experienced bee keepers on this forum.

Back when I was first in the hobby the only way to learn was to associate with another, experienced, bee keeper and through book reading. The inter net has made the learning curve so much easier and quicker.

I kept bees over 30 years ago but due to having to move around a lot through my work I had to sell off all my equipment and leave the hobby behind. Now that I am retired I am able to get back into the hobby that I so much enjoyed years ago. They are a perfect compliment to my rabbits, chickens, goats and garden. 

anything