Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Harbor Freight Nail/Staple Gun  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
Harbor Freight Nail/Staple Gun
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:04:45 pm »
Hey!  As a couple of beeks have recommended, the HF Combo Nail/Staple Model 97524 is on sale!

Only $19.99 plus tax!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=97524
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline trapperbob

• House Bee
Re: Harbor Freight Nail/Staple Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:06 am »
destroyed one of these last season while putting together 20 medium supers and 6 deeps went to home depot and bought a better one.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:30 am »
That's good to know!  I'll keep my receipt for the return!  But for $20 bucks, I'll risk it!

Thanks for the feedback.

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 11:04:22 am »
I have had one for some time and it works great, but now I am trying to wean myself from Chinese products no matter how good of a deal.
I am struggling because we import so much.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
One of these was given to me as a gift. It jammed horribly the first time I pulled the trigger. Had to disassemble part of it to clear the jam only to have it jam on the next brad.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:43:26 pm »
i have one from HF and it's fine.  have another that i'm sure was more expensive...was given to me and i don't see a difference...yet :-)  i have been using my HF gun for a couple of years.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:47:38 pm »
This gun shoots up to 1.5" crown staples or 2" nails.   What were you guys shooting when you had your problems with the gun?

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 01:56:24 am »
It jammed on 2" brads while I was assembling supers.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »
I just bought my second one .  The first one worked great while I built frames and only shot the staples.  Then I assembled some deeps and used the 2" brads with it, now it jams about every 3rd staple.  From what I gathered in the trouble shooting section I have a bent driver (very slightly) apparently.  I believe it to be from shooting the brads (who knows for sure).  I bought the second one to get rid of all my staples I bought with the first one.  My next one will be a better one for sure.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 05:29:03 pm »
I bought this one to use strictly for stapling frames.  Haven't decided to use 1" or 1.5" staples yet though!

I will probably get a heavier duty nail gun if I were going to do boxes, bottoms, or tops.

Suggestions on what staple length to use?