Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beer can chicken  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Beer can chicken
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:38:48 am »
This is one of our favourite ways of cooking whole chickens in the summer.  The chickens sit on a can of beer and the moisture rises, tenderizing the chicken.  When it is done cooking, the chickens are pretty tender and good.  Unfortunately there is no effects from the beeer (LOL) other than the ones we drink right out of separate cans.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: Beer can chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:23:39 am »
Cindi, very cool, I have never heard of cooking chickens this way. I can't wait to give it a try. It sounds tasty. Thanks for the great advice and cooking ideas.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:11:15 pm »
You're welcome!!!  You just wait til you try it, you'll be hooked.  BUT don't drink any beer that is left over in the can, LOL, that would be pretty awful I would say.  Hmmm..maybe might make a nice gravy though.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:14:21 pm »
Cool Pic.  I have heard of the beer can chicken but have yet to try it.  Maybe this summer.  I have also heard of using pepsi.
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:56:18 am »
Alcohol burns off or evaporates before the rest of the other liquids do. You know how you pour rubbing alcohol and it gets cold fast? Same effect except it evaporates faster with heat, even though it doesn't have as high of a alcohol content.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:17:11 am »
You should be reported to the Beer Drinkers Institute for abuse of product!

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:10 pm »
well done
kirko :roll:
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Paraplegic Racehorse

• House Bee
  • Kilted beekeepers unite!
    • Me Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »
Used to make lots of beer-can chicken.

Now, I get a slightly different effect with a slow-cooker and my choice of alcohols (usually whisky or distilled mead - "auto fuel" as far as ATF is concerned).
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
Member in good standing: International Discordance of Kilted Apiarists, Local #994

The World Beehive Project - I endeavor to build at least one of every beehive in common use today and document the entire process.