Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee contracts and stuff!!!  (Read 2830 times)

Offline jxbeeman

• New Bee
bee contracts and stuff!!!
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:33:35 am »
I’m curious about what kind of contracts anyone writes up for (' bee removal (houses etc.), placing bees on someone’s land, and leaving swarm traps on land)  if anyone has a contract written up that I could use or copy to use for myself that would be great.  some people make me uneasy about taking the bees out, also when the bees are out some change their minds about certain repair issues--> I don't do repair but I remove the wax and honey + bees as best I can.  so any ideas or already written contracts would (bee) appreciated.  thanks

Offline FordGuy

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:25:26 pm »
why would you need one?

Offline jxbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:22:53 am »
these days you can never be too sure.  just in case something happens.  you never know.  just safe to cover yourself.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 09:56:59 am »
>why would you need one?

Contracts are most useful for sorting out misunderstandings.  If you say, you'll tear off the siding and remove the bees and you do that and the homeowner comes back and says you promised to put it back on, you need to be able to support what it is you agreed on.  Anyone can still try to sue you if they insist, but with it in writing they probably won't and if they do you have a leg to stand on.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline FordGuy

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 10:47:24 am »
Quote from: Michael Bush
>why would you need one?

Contracts are most useful for sorting out misunderstandings.  If you say, you'll tear off the siding and remove the bees and you do that and the homeowner comes back and says you promised to put it back on, you need to be able to support what it is you agreed on.  Anyone can still try to sue you if they insist, but with it in writing they probably won't and if they do you have a leg to stand on.

I understand in your situation where things can go wrong in a hurry, but I probably misunderstood the original question.  I was just thinking if I was the landowner and you wanted to put bees on my property, i'd be wary of a contract.   Just me.  

But be careful since if there is a question of interpretation, contracts may be construed against the drafter, so careful with the wording!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 11:12:17 am »
For ME the main issue when putting bees on someones property is that I can prove they are my bees and my hives.  If the farmer dies or if they some day sell the property, they may fail to mention that the bees belong to me and the burden of proof is now on me.  Having it on paper shows that I have my bees on their property and spells out (hopefully) the farmer's responsibilities (such as informing me when he is going to spray pesticides and providing access to the hives) and my responsibilities (such as informing him when I'm going to remove them or bring more hives etc. so he doesn't think they've been stolen).  It doesn't have to be complicated (in my opinion).  Just the basics can prevent many expensive misunderstandings.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline firetool

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 12:10:29 pm »
Michael do you have one that you use. I would like to see this also.So I would have an idea of how to word it are make changes to yours. This would be mighty helpfull.If you have one for bee yard and one for be removel I would like to see both if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Brian

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 02:34:00 pm »
No, I don't have one.  My bees are all at my house or a couple of close friends place.  But you can make a very simple one.  Just keep it simple, unambiguous and to the point.
-------------------