Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member from Switzerland  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Paul33

• New Bee
    • 1279 Honey - Chavannes de Bogis - The Honey People
New Member from Switzerland
« on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:44 pm »
Hi all,
   I'm new here so I thought I'd stand up and introduce myself.

My name's Paul, I'm over in Switzerland (just outside of Geneva) and I've been a Bee keeper for a couple of years now.
I'm actually a Brit - so please excuse the sense of humor (thought I'd pre-warn).

I currently have 7 hives but will expand to 10 in the spring, I keep a mix of Carnolians and buckfast and my real nerdy interest in bee keeping is the science behind it all (as in chemical composition of honey, why is bee space 9mm, how does a bees sting work - you get the picture).

So anyway, here I am, I do have my own site (although it hasn't been around for long) so I'll be able to point you to my photos at some point (I have a USB microscope which I quite like :-) - and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you as well as benefiting from some of the more seasoned keepers within the community.

Paul.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: New Member from Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 08:27:04 pm »
My name's Paul, I'm over in Switzerland (just outside of Geneva) and I've been a Bee keeper for a couple of years now.
I'm actually a Brit - so please excuse the sense of humor (thought I'd pre-warn).

Fanny that, the British claim to have a sense of humor.  Anybody who calls an English Muffin a Crumpet is suspect immedicately.

Welcome to be Beemaster's Forum.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Paul33

• New Bee
    • 1279 Honey - Chavannes de Bogis - The Honey People
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 05:32:54 am »
Good grief - a crumpet is a crumpet!

How could you strike at the heart of our being with that kind of comment!

But thanks for the welcome none the less.

Paul.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:18:40 am »
Hey, of course the english have good humor. If it were not for "humor", the English women would just be left with "Ugly".  :-D Ok, you can always fall back with "Personality", but we are talking England here...  :roll:

Excuse my humor also....My family is from Wales.  :shock:

Welcome to the forum Paul.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:18:29 pm »
Paul, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us, from so far away, smiling.  This will be a place where you can tell us your tales, stories and experiences, we love to listen, we love to help, here you too will make some new friends.  It will be interesting to see how keeping bees in your country may differ from ours.  Have that wonderful and awesome day, great life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:41 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster Paul, we give good humor here. Hey, I'm sitting down, you can too. We don't eat muffins where I'm from we eat biscuits. They're really good with butter and honey.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:10:51 pm »
Hello and Welcome Paul
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline ME Beekeeper

• Brood
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
Hi everyone.   :)  Yes, I'm a new member also.  I've had bees since 01, been a beekeeper since 06.  I'm a full time teacher of 33 years and find the more you learn, the more you learn you don't know.  I got addicted as soon as I bought my first package.  I started with 2 hives.  One died out the first season. Then, I took a bee school and have been raising queens, selling nucs, and honey ever since.  Glad to be with such company.  I'm from Standish, Maine, USA.   :-D

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »
Welcome ME Beekeeper

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 07:55:53 am »
Hi everyone.   :)  Yes, I'm a new member also.  I've had bees since 01, been a beekeeper since 06.  I'm a full time teacher of 33 years and find the more you learn, the more you learn you don't know.  I got addicted as soon as I bought my first package.  I started with 2 hives.  One died out the first season. Then, I took a bee school and have been raising queens, selling nucs, and honey ever since.  Glad to be with such company.  I'm from Standish, Maine, USA.   :-D

Yes...welcome ME beekeeper.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:28 pm »
Thanks for joining our group Paul. I look forward to the new perspective that you will bring.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan