Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MEMBER of the FORUM wins a color photo in the NEW Beekeeping for Dummies Book.  (Read 15153 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Well who ever it is congrats. Its great that it was a member from the forums.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
I'm thinking since Sharon is studiously ignoring this thread that it must be her pictures being used  :evil:

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
That was my guess to. They probably got her on lock down  :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
EEKS!!!  WHO IS IT??????   Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
hMMM,...sOMETHING IS ODD HERE....WHY WOULDNT ANYBODY WANT TO TELL US IF THEY GOT THEIR picture in a book?..I WOULD tell you guys if it really was me...Then I would post my address so yall could send me cards saying, "Congratulations!".
I got some pictures I took years ago of dinosaur bones published in a paleantology book. I dont know what the name of the book was because I took the pictures for my friend, Tex...I saw them and I saw my name...I cant believe I didnt ask for a copy!...oh well....
your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
hMMM,...sOMETHING IS ODD HERE....WHY WOULDNT ANYBODY WANT TO TELL US IF THEY GOT THEIR picture in a book?..I WOULD tell you guys if it really was me...Then I would post my address so yall could send me cards saying, "Congratulations!".
I got some pictures I took years ago of dinosaur bones published in a paleantology book. I dont know what the name of the book was because I took the pictures for my friend, Tex...I saw them and I saw my name...I cant believe I didnt ask for a copy!...oh well....
your friend,
john

Face it Johnny You'd be bragging in every post you made.   :-D  But I think nothing has been said due to a prior to publication release restriction agreement.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Oh Crud...take me out of the loop, because I was a day late and a dollar short.  I didn't even enter one photo...who might it bee???

Tillie???  Cindi???  hhhhmmmm

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
But I think nothing has been said due to a prior to publication release restriction agreement.

That had crossed my mind.  Cindi is my guess.  Anyone starting a pool for this?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
I'm thinking LindT from Georgia. Everything she does has been exceptional....

The winner is obviously enjoying their all expenses paid trip to an exotic isle as the winner!!!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
I'm thinking LindT from Georgia. Everything she does has been exceptional....

That's a good guess too.  She had slipped off my radar and does a lot of camera work on her blog.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Wow, I did not even think of Linda/Tillie. I hope it is her. Can't wait to find out.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
I think that Brian B. is right, it is a release restriction, awaiting until the book is published. There are lots of stupid loophills in laws.

BTW.  It was not me, I didn't enter any pictures to Howland for his picture choice for his book.  The mystery thickens, now, who sent their pictures to Howland?  (female, they say, hee, hee).  Beautiful day, greatest of life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
I'm bumping this until the winner makes themselves known..... I think BB is correct.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
bump, bump.  Cindi

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Cmon guys,
Buy the book,it will show credit for the picture.The grateful photographer may get paid by the issue,who knows!:) :)

Offline 1of6

• House Bee
  • Always learning...
Cmon guys,
Buy the book,it will show credit for the picture.The grateful photographer may get paid by the issue,who knows!:) :)

I will very gladly buy the book - I just don't want to wait until the release date.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Beekeeping For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Howland Blackiston
ISBN: 978-0-470-43065-1
Paperback
384 pages
March 2009
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470430656.html

A big congratulations to whoever it was.  Give yourself a pat on the back.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Congratulations to the ladies !!!!!!!!

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
I'm complimented that anyone would think it was me, but I didn't even know about the contest, much less enter it!  Can't wait to find out who it is - wonder if it is Becky from Colorado - her pictures are BEAUTIFUL (2wheeler, I think is her name on this forum.)

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Sheesh...I thought we had guessed the winner for sure.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
tillie, did you get snow?  wonder if JP did?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything