2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84776 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2008, 12:56:49 pm »
Dane, under no circumstances are you allowed to talk to my Husband!  He had music stuff ALL over my house..he got a baby grand, said he would put all his guitar stuff in the recording studio...so now I have all his guitar crap AND a baby grand in the living room..oh yea, don't forget the amps, processors, silver/blk boxes of who knows what, cords & snakes & a 52"x16 kurzweil p2 (there is one in the recording room too..) in my way when I want to vacuum... :-x  oops, then there were the vdrums that sat in the dining room for 6 months...no one here plays the drums :-x :-x  So you play all those???  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2008, 02:39:43 pm »
Sounds like my kinda guy Jody.  8-)  We call that disease GAS (Gear/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome).  Not to hijack this thread, I started another thread for musicians in the coffee house.

:)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2008, 02:31:32 am »
Hey, I was wondering if there will be any other musicians coming?  I'm a banjo picker and will bring my banjo if anyone else brings along a guitar/mandolin/bass/fiddle/something to do some hillbilly jammin!  Just a thought.  A get together like this one just wouldn't be right without some backwoods pickin.   :-D

Sean Kelly

I've been needing a reason to get my electric guitar out of storage.  You have to keep time though and I'll follow along--time is one thing I can't do and strum at the same time.  My daughter, the one I'm teaching beekeeping to, is a music education major at Western Washington University and can play almost anything but is best at vocals.  Maybe we can entertain ourselves by trying out some of the songs I've written--hope you like Country and Bluegrass.  Call ourselves the Beemaster's String Band.  BTW, I haven't played a Banjo in years, used to have one along with a 12 string guitar but had to sell them to pay bills.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:45 am »
Well unless work screws things up, this trip is going to be a go for me. My wife wants to take a few extra days and have us spend some time in Seattle and Vancouver. So we may make a vacation of it. Spend time with Brian and party and then go out and see some of the other areas.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2008, 10:34:15 am »
Yeah!!!!  Look what's happening!!!  Brendhan and is Wife is coming now too (hopefully).  Every time I read this thread I get a little bit more excited (how could I get any more excited than I am already).  This is gonna be the best party of my life!!!  I can picture all of the great music that ya'll are gonna be makin', great friendships that we are cultivating, and fun, fun, fun!!!

Brian, remember delegate, delegate, delegate.  All of us will be there to help you, we are planning on coming down a day early to get things ready, we are strong, we can work like horses for ya and do so much of the heavy duty stuff!!!

Brian, you are in that microclimate.  Is the weather going to be sunny?  Hee, hee.  I am thinkin' that I remember you seem to get an awful lot of sunshine down your way, and it is gonna be hot!!!  Yeah!!!  I am the queen of the heat, I love the sunshine and heat!!!  Beautiful day, beautiful life, dreamin' of Brian's great barbeque weekend!!!!
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2008, 01:40:36 am »
Well unless work screws things up, this trip is going to be a go for me. My wife wants to take a few extra days and have us spend some time in Seattle and Vancouver. So we may make a vacation of it. Spend time with Brian and party and then go out and see some of the other areas.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Brrendhan, If you can positively make it I'll reserve the studio apartment on the back of the garage for you and your wife.  Come early or stay late and I can show you some sights you just won't believe and the cost is minimal to nothing.  BTW, I have a beautiful view of Mt Baker (12,000 + feet [I'm 152 feet above sea level]) from my dining room.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 01:57:15 am »
Yeah!!!!  Look what's happening!!!  Brendhan and is Wife is coming now too (hopefully).  Every time I read this thread I get a little bit more excited (how could I get any more excited than I am already).  This is gonna be the best party of my life!!!  I can picture all of the great music that ya'll are gonna be makin', great friendships that we are cultivating, and fun, fun, fun!!!

Brian, remember delegate, delegate, delegate.  All of us will be there to help you, we are planning on coming down a day early to get things ready, we are strong, we can work like horses for ya and do so much of the heavy duty stuff!!!

Okay Look I have the following: 2 propane BBQs, 3 tables, 2 benches, dozen or so chairs, and figure throw away china and utensils.
I have 4 tents I can put up in orchard if necessary.
Do you think we need a garden fire pit?
I'm providing Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Pigeon breasts, Rabbit (if the Buck is working), chicken, and festival site.

Everybody needs to bring some type of side dish, Musical instrument (?), and appitite if possible--Brendhad can make his here.

Brian, you are in that microclimate.  Is the weather going to be sunny?  Hee, hee.  I am thinkin' that I remember you seem to get an awful lot of sunshine down your way, and it is gonna be hot!!!  Yeah!!!  I am the queen of the heat, I love the sunshine and heat!!!  Beautiful day, beautiful life, dreamin' of Brian's great barbeque weekend!!!!

The San Juan Islands are not called the Banana Belt of NW Washington because of the excessive rain.  I get 1/2 the rain the I-5 corridor (20 miles away) gets but thats not saying it can't rain, just that it probably won't.  Brendhan needs to bring his thermals as it will most likely be in the high 70s to mid 80s While the rest of us Northwesterners can wear our Hawaiian shirts and Bermuda shorts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:26:04 pm by Brian D. Bray »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:19 am »
Brian, there is nothing better than sitting around a fire pit.  If you can, yes, get one ready.  Ken and I can dig the hole if that is how you want to do it.  I am really, really, really good at digging, that is my excellent part, strong legs that can dig and dig and dig, hee, hee.  Did I say enough about digging?  I spend half my life digging here, my rock pile shows that, hee, hee.  One day I will have to post another picture of the before and now of my rock pile near the apiary, three years of digging, throwing rocks and hauling rocks makes for a pretty big rock pile.  Oh brother, ramblin'.....

Do you have any fire restrictions about contained fires?  I don't know if we do or not, but we always have those summertime fires in our pit, we have a couple of them around our property actually.  One in the front for the adults and one in the back for the teenagers (when they are allowed to).  We know how to be very safe around fire stuff, all children are taught that here.  The young ones must always have a hose near their firepit.  Now that is a couple of very long hoses, but it is a must.  Ooops, ramblin' again.

We will all bring our sidedishes.  Would you like me to bring a couple of Muscovy ducks to roast?  I will have as many as we all require.  Say the word......Have a beautiful and most great day, our lives are great ones to groove on.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 06:42:15 pm »
Brian, there is nothing better than sitting around a fire pit.  If you can, yes, get one ready.  Ken and I can dig the hole if that is how you want to do it.  I am really, really, really good at digging, that is my excellent part, strong legs that can dig and dig and dig, hee, hee.  Did I say enough about digging?  I spend half my life digging here, my rock pile shows that, hee, hee.  One day I will have to post another picture of the before and now of my rock pile near the apiary, three years of digging, throwing rocks and hauling rocks makes for a pretty big rock pile.  Oh brother, ramblin'.....

Do you have any fire restrictions about contained fires?  I don't know if we do or not, but we always have those summertime fires in our pit, we have a couple of them around our property actually.  One in the front for the adults and one in the back for the teenagers (when they are allowed to).  We know how to be very safe around fire stuff, all children are taught that here.  The young ones must always have a hose near their firepit.  Now that is a couple of very long hoses, but it is a must.  Ooops, ramblin' again.

Yes, pit fires are usually only allowed for burning construction materials and I'm also very close to what is called the Community Forestlands (2800 acres of woods, lakes, and small mountains) which adds additional restrictions that time of year.  I was thinking of getting one of those circular patio fire pots so we could set around it and chew fat and Tell Tall Tales while the kids roasted marshmellows.

We will all bring our sidedishes.  Would you like me to bring a couple of Muscovy ducks to roast?  I will have as many as we all require.  Say the word......Have a beautiful and most great day, our lives are great ones to groove on.  Cindi

Duck?  Oh do, do, do definitely.  This is not only turning into a real bash but a taste treat from around the globe as well.  I do believe it will be easier to get them through customs if they're butchered before you leave Canada.  LOL

I forgot to mention that I will have my 2 basket cider press available in the orchard.  Should be just about right for some squeezen's about then and if you want to take some home, BYOJ (Bring Your Own Jug) .  Too bad I've become allergic to apples (besides milk), I was hanker'n for a taste of Crab Apple Cider like my Grandpa used to make.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 11:04:29 pm »
Wow, you guys are stirring up one heck of a shindig!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:08 am »
JP, yep, shin dig, probably up to my shins with digging by the time Brian is through with the work I know he will need done to be ready, hee, hee.

A circular patio fire pit would be great, but come on.....only one, hee, hee, kidding.  That would be wonderful, and yep, we all have those tales to tell......

Brian, rats!!!  I thought I could bring down a couple of drakes for you to teach me how to get them pit friendly, hee, hee, Whoppo could have been on that menu, he was a big one!!!!  I will have lovely ducks ready for the bbq by then, yep, they will be human friendly.  We have that fellow that performs the slaughter and cleaning, etc., for only $1 per bird.  Bring them their live, bring them home....welll....not alive.  It works, I bring a couple of big coolers full of ice and place them in there for the ride home.  Fresh as fresh can be....

We have muscovy ducks coming out of our ears here.  12 that are about a month old now, 20 should be hatching today and tomorrow from the incubator.  Thirty-six more in the incubator, ready in about 30 days, and a duck sitting on 13 eggs that should be hatching today and tomorrow as well.

We bought a beautiful new drake yesterday, a one year old and man what a beauty!!!  No name yet, that will come.  There are 3 more ducks that are laying every day and I have been saving their eggs for when they go broody, which I think will now be pretty quick because the drake really likes them alot.  They had some fun last night when he arrived, hee, hee.

So, as you can see, we are Muscovy mammas!!  I just have to decide how many to bring down (I will even bring some for your own freezer, hee, hee).  Yep, yep, tastes from around the world, I just can't wait!!!  Beautiful and most awesome day, beautiful life we are all livin' and sharin'.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:50 am »
Cindi: "We bought a beautiful new drake yesterday, a one year old and man what a beauty!!!  No name yet, that will come."

Me: How about Whoppo jr!

...JP 
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2008, 11:47:30 pm »
We bought a beautiful new drake yesterday, a one year old and man what a beauty!!!  No name yet, that will come.

How about an Indian name?  Chinook Jargon--Hyas Kalakala, means big goose or big bird, whichever.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:06 am »
JP, nope!!!  Bad memories.  Brian, nice, I would like that, but too long.  My Sister and I both thought at the same time to call him Drake -- go figure that one -- her and I are very mind-linked many times, so many times, it gives me the willies.  So be that name.  Best of a beautiful and wonderful day, this is a groovey life.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 12:50:02 pm »
JP, nope!!!  Bad memories.  Brian, nice, I would like that, but too long.  My Sister and I both thought at the same time to call him Drake -- go figure that one -- her and I are very mind-linked many times, so many times, it gives me the willies.  So be that name.  Best of a beautiful and wonderful day, this is a groovey life.  Cindi

You can't name him Drake, or when you call him, all the drakes will come!!

...JP

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2008, 12:52:21 am »

You can't name him Drake, or when you call him, all the drakes will come!!

...JP

How about Sir Francis?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:20 am »
Hmm, actually, his name has become Sir Drake, interesting eh?  Now Brian, I think that you and I have that mind-link, hee, hee, beautiful and most wonderfully great and awesome days, more to come.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 05:41:08 pm »
For those of you planning on attending my Labor Day Weekend Bash Please PM me for address, phone number (in case you get lost), and directions to my house.  Or if you like I'll just send my address and phone number and you can mapquest directions.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 10:57:57 pm »
Showing signs of life. Brian I will be PMing you in a bit.

Janel and I are looking at getting into Seattle about 7:20 after luggage and rental car it will be about 8:30 provided none of the flights run late. Yeah right.

So we will do is stay that night in Seattle and come by on Saturday. Full schedule to follow.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2008, 10:18:56 pm »
I now have the required fire ring, 449.99 plus tax (on sale, of course).  It's now a go for hotdogs and marshmellows.

anything