2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84770 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2008, 03:23:15 pm »
Brian, holy smokin' fire pits!!!  Now that is one expensive apparatus, we are gonna love it, cool and thanks.....it will be useful for years to come.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:52 pm »
Brian, holy smokin' fire pits!!!  Now that is one expensive apparatus, we are gonna love it, cool and thanks.....it will be useful for years to come.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi

You know what happens when you forget to press the shift key?   $49.99 suddenly becomes 449.99.  The thing cost 50 bucks.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 12:56:00 am »
I have to be honest about this. I am jealous and wish I could come also, especially since so many people that I truly adore will be there. I think this is so wonderful of you Brian to put this on and I hope many will bring cameras and post lots and lots of photos. Sigh!! I truly would love to be there.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2008, 09:09:34 am »
Brian, oh happy day.  Almost $500 seemed like an awful lot of money, but I thought oh well.  Now I am happy as happy can be, $50 is something certainly much more affordable, yeah!!  Beautiful and most wonderful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2008, 03:18:56 pm »
Hey Brian, is the official day of the party still Sunday or did that change?  I need to know for sure so I can plan around my work schedule.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2008, 09:06:41 pm »
Hey Brian, is the official day of the party still Sunday or did that change?  I need to know for sure so I can plan around my work schedule.

Sean Kelly

Still Scheduled for August 31st, I think an official kick off at 1 pm appropriate.  Cinidi, her husband, Hannah-Davida (assuming she's coming with Cindi), and Brendhan and his wife should be here Saturday.  Which is nice I might have to do a pigeon race knock-off (turn in clock results) in the am.  But Cindi is going to be my official welcoming committee and support staff for this event--I should probably tell her that. LOL.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2008, 09:11:48 pm »

Sean Kelly

Still Scheduled for August 31st, I think an official kick off at 1 pm appropriate.  Cinidi, her husband, Hannah-Davida (assuming she's coming with Cindi), and Brendhan and his wife should be here Saturday.  Which is nice I might have to do a pigeon race knock-off (turn in clock results) in the am.  But Cindi is going to be my official welcoming committee and support staff for this event--I should probably tell her that. LOL.

Like you really need to tell her that Brian!! :-D  She wears the crown proudly!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2008, 01:59:15 am »
Awesome, Sunday the 31st!  I'll let work know so they don't schedule me for some strange reason (they've been known to do stuff like that).  Very cool about the fire pit!!!  My oldest daughter loves smores!!!

So we got Dane bringing a guitar and Me with my Banjo....  any other musicians wanna do some hillbilly jammin round the campfire?

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2008, 10:31:48 am »
Brian, JP, oh you both make me wanna shout, you make me wanna shout, I love the sprites in you-ou!!!

Sean, my Husband is a picker (of the guitar), maybe he will bring his too.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, love our lives we love to live.  Cindi

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2008, 12:28:43 am »
Jealous!!!! Jealous!!!! Jealous!!!

Actually very excited for you all. Should be a blast.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 12:43:19 am »
I don't know I I'll play because I have a problem with maintaining rhythm but I'll try to have my electric guitar, practic amp, and antique( late 1950's tube) Ampex amp on hand for whoever wants to join in which means at least 3 insturments or 2 with 1 vocal. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 10:26:13 am »
Brian, who is the vocal, missed that one, hee, hee.  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2008, 11:26:44 pm »
Brian, who is the vocal, missed that one, hee, hee.  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

I'm going to preform an Old Vaudeville routine (sans soft shoe) Once I teach the pickers and pluckers the cords.  The Song:  "You Can't Fool An Old Horse Fly."  I will, out of necessity, have to do both parts; my older brother and I used to perform this when we were in High School--we learned it off an old Edison 78rpm record from the 1920's.  The tune is like a hillbilly polka...ump pahpah, ump pahpah....or kind of like Clogging with an accordian.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2008, 10:50:34 am »
Brian, oh cool!!!  That is gonna be a lotta fun.  Speaking of accordians, I think that Cleggs plays one (I am not positive), I also think he is in your area, I wonder if he has heard of this bbq.  These thoughts are only coming from the cobwebs of my mind, I could be wrong about him and the accordion.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, dreamin' of your BBQ.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »
Latest update:

For all you music fans: I'm writing down the words and guitar cords for the old Vaudeville act "You can't fool an old Horsefly."  All 5 pages to include patter (jokes at end of each verse). Unfortunately I am no longer able to do the shoft shoe to go with the act.  I think the best bet is to PM or email the lyrics and such to our pickers and grinners  Sean Kelly and Dane Bramage so they can do a little practice ahead of time.  Sean and Dane get back to me on this. 
For me music is wierd, I can strum and cord the gut plucker, just not keep time yet I can transpose keys but not read sheet music (I lost that ability due to head injuries when a teenager).

Due to miscommunications between me and the wife (how often does that happen?) she informed me she will not be here until Sunday Evening.  Seems an vacation I thought was scheduled to end the weekend of August 23rd actually starts that weekend and runs through August 31.  Just for clarification I cleared the Labor Day bash before she scheduled the vacation--Hummm?  At least she won't have to slave and play hostess.  I guess that means we can really cut loose.

For those wanting to spend the entire weekend there are numerous parks, excursions (whale watching and kiyaking), rock climbing, fishing, Historial sites, and Island hopping to occupy your time.

The orchard will be open to pitching of tents if necessary.  Just don't stumble over the new saplings or bee hives during the night.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:22 am »
Brian, oh no!!!  I hope that your Wife is not upset about your having this bbq now.  I know how things can be miscommunicated, I am not kidding you, it happens to me ALL THE TIME.  Eeeks!!!  Clarity eh?

Now you are going to have to lean on me even harder than before, I will be that helping hand that your dear Wife cannot be providing now.  I can assume alot of duties, and those I will, please....lean on me.

Well, well.....if you need someone to do some acting in the Vaudeville Act, you can bet your bottom dollar my Husband would do that.  He loves to perform and make people laugh, and I bet this will be one funny act.  Lean on him...he will be your helper too, hee, hee.

I would love to do some sightseeing whilst we are down in your neck of the woods.  But only time will tell that tale...I think we will all be pretty darn busy.  Remember, if you need me to bring anything extra, tell me.  We will converse closer to the time of the barbeque, I will PM you later with my telephone number and you can give me yours, that will cut down in mail stuff.  No hurries with that though, our forum is good enough communication for now.

We's gonna have the time of our lives.....and yes, all our forum friends, you will have a mountain of pictures of Brian's event from us all.  Have that most beautiful and wonderful day, love our life that is so worth loving.  Cindi

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »
Hey Brian,

Got room for a big motorhome?  My folks said we can borrow theirs which would make the trip easier with the new baby.  This way we wouldn't have to rush back to Buckley the same day.

Sean Kelly

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:06 pm »
Hey Brian,

Got room for a big motorhome?  My folks said we can borrow theirs which would make the trip easier with the new baby.  This way we wouldn't have to rush back to Buckley the same day.

Sean Kelly

I have an RV hookup on the south loop of the driveway closest to the house.  Cindi, I believe, is bringing hers but I can't see why we can't do a Y on the hookup and handle both.  2 Rv's though would be max as far as hookup is concerned.  If others are planning on bringing theirs they would have to do self contained but I have room for several parking wise.  We've had as many as 25 cars parked on the lawn in the U of the circular driveway.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2008, 01:41:39 am »
Newest update The Anacortes Jazz Festival is being held Labor Day weekend.  One of the featured artists is Kevin Mahogeny.  Last year it was Kenny G (Seattle's own).  More fun for you music lovers, street sale addicts, and looky-lou's.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2008, 11:45:17 am »
Latest update:

For all you music fans: I'm writing down the words and guitar cords for the old Vaudeville act "You can't fool an old Horsefly."  All 5 pages to include patter (jokes at end of each verse). Unfortunately I am no longer able to do the shoft shoe to go with the act.  I think the best bet is to PM or email the lyrics and such to our pickers and grinners  Sean Kelly and Dane Bramage so they can do a little practice ahead of time.  Sean and Dane get back to me on this.

That's sounds really funny Brian.  Please do go ahead and forward the music on to me (IM is fine).  I wonder if the original music is available anywhere on-line (as an mp3, etc.,)?  All I found was this offering from 1926 ~> COMIC SONGS BY THE HAPPINESS BOYS - VOL. 1.   :lol: