Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NEW  (Read 2539 times)

Offline beekuk

• New Bee
NEW
« on: January 04, 2009, 11:56:55 am »
 Hi All
            beekeeper living in uk,have been involved with bee's most of my life,and also manufacture new hives,keep around 300 colonys,and work with bee's and bee related products full time. My main new thing which i am learning is II, which has interested me for years,but now i have all the eqipment to get on with it.Hope to learn even more on here about other beeks methods re II.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: NEW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:58:08 pm »
Beekuk.  Welcome to our forum, so nice that you found us.  You certainly do keep a fair number of hives, lots of work.  Stick around, this will be a place where you can give advice, tell your stories and tales, your experiences.  We are a friendly group of people who love to listen.  I am curious about what you were speaking of -- II -- what is that?  I think I have seen it mentioned somewhere before, elaborate please.  Have a wonderful and great day, life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beekuk

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:00:20 pm »

Hi Cindi.
             thank you for the welcome, II  stands for Instrumental Insemination,or as some also call AI  artificial insemination. all very interesting,and good for keeping pure, or particular breeding lines.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 12:02:44 am »
Hello and Welcome Beekuk
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 06:08:50 pm »
Beekuk.  Oh!!!  That is so ding dang cool.  I have seen a few pictures of the A.I. (or I.I.) as you have called it.  It looks like the most fascinating thing on earth, it marvels me that something like that can be done to a teeny, tiny, little queen.  These abilities astound me.  I will love to hear more about what you are up to with this I.I. stuff.  Have you actually began to do any experimentation yet, or are you still in the very beginnings, I understand that you have the equipment, but how far have you got.  Have a great, most wonderful day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beekuk

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 10:46:28 am »

Hi Cindi.   had some practice, but did not have much chance as it was in the beginning of sept when i got all the equipment, but have been in contact with wonderful and very helpful people like sue cobey,and joe latshaw,and a few others who give me lots of help and advice. So now it's roll on spring, drone breeding,and good to go.Will keep you imformed of progress.