Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!  (Read 3608 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »
Check out the photos of what the bobcat looks like (I did not take these photos).

Spotted a bobcat 3 times this week up near my beehives. Today got a really good look at him on the road near my hives and then he was behind my beehives when I got out of the car.

First time I ever saw one although I know they are around here. They eat rabbits and I heard that they are pretty hungry if seen during the day. Lots of rabbits on the knoll near my hives. Pretty exciting don't you think?

http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/index.php?showtopic=17619

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
Re: Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:06:06 pm »
That is exciting, they are beautiful creatures!  But you be careful, Ms. Annette, there was a story on the news just this morning (all the way up here) about more bobcats, cougars and coyotes being spotted in California neighborhoods.

Sorry for your bunnies, though, they're pretty cute, too! 

When I see coyotes in/around my apiary, it's because they are hunting opossum or maybe even the skunks.  My cuteness monitor goes down for those guys, though, so I don't worry so much.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »
Bobcats are everywhere.   Hunting birds and mice.   Around here, we have more trouble out of the coyotes. 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »
A cougar was just recently spotted a few miles from my house. I know they are all around here, so I am careful at night. People have been spotting bears quite a lot lately around here.  That makes me really nervous as I do not have my hives protected.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 01:59:21 am »
Must be because of climate change!   Its all fun til fluffy kitty eats the grandkid of the trike!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »
A cougar was just recently spotted a few miles from my house. I know they are all around here, so I am careful at night. People have been spotting bears quite a lot lately around here.  That makes me really nervous as I do not have my hives protected.

With out any one hunting them they lose there fear of man. Each generation gets worse and worse. Less training from their parents.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin