Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Watering  (Read 5296 times)

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
Bee Watering
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:58:15 am »
Here is my new watering system for the bees.
Sure glad we finally got some rain!

By beeefarmer at 2010-08-17
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Bee Watering
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:58:20 am »
Looks a lot like mine.  I have a 15 acre lake just up the road that my bees use when the creek from the lake runs dry.  It is usually dry from around the 1st part of May until the 1st part of November but this year we had such a wet spring that the creek didn't dry up until mid July.

Once the creek dried up the duck that had been hanging around since last fall decided to seek wetter waters.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 10:45:51 am »
Did you put some cats in there yet?

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:09 pm »
Did you put some cats in there yet?

We think alike. I was thinking some persians, calicos, and siamese would look good in there.

Oh, you mean channel, flatheads and blues though..

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 04:23:08 pm »
Channels work good for me, but I guess all the others could make good feed.......

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:07 am »
Got coppernose perch coming.  Figure I will give them a year to get estabished then bring in the Channel cats and gonna put one 45 lb flat head (from our yearly hand grabbin) in just for the grand kids to have fun with. We'll do catch and release on him unless he starts whiping out the other stock.  Then he gonna turn into big flakey fish fry chuncks lightly coated with corn meal and flour. :-D
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:55 pm »
We did Georgia Giant bream and Channel cats the first year.  One good thing we did I think, we started putting fathead minnows in there.  8 pounds each year in the spring.   They keep the cats happy.    A big Flathead cat may clean out your pond.

Offline thomashton

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:22 pm »
Did you dig it yourself? I am interested in digging a pond. What resources did you use?
After 18 months of reading and preparation, my girls finally arrived on April 11th (2006)!

Offline patriot9878

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 10:43:30 am »
Bees will collect around anywhere you have urine. I used to piss in one place by the shed and there would be hundreds there.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »
Working on that sacred Indian honey.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »
The only resource I used was Hertz equipmet rental, a track hoe and dump truck for a week.  I set up my transit and shot all my grades, figured the depth I wanted, set out a few cut and fill stakes and went to work digging, walking in the levy and spreading excess dirt around the place were I wanted it.  Just a a bunch of long days.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
And a bunch for diesel fuel?