Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Medical Honey  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Medical Honey
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:40:55 am »
For years a friend of mine was into the civil war re-enactment. He told me about the heal virtures of honey and how the civil war doctors would use it for different treatments especially as an antibotic ointment. Another interesting thing is I remember reading in the book of Proverbs where it says something to the effect: Eat thou honey comb for it is good(maybe health?) for your bones.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline LindaL

• House Bee
    • Lindas Dream Garden
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 09:46:02 am »
vets have been using it for years to treat wounds on animals.     :angel:
Official bee stalker of the bee yard
Bee keeper since July 31, 2013

Offline forrestcav

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »
I have transported a lot of wound care pts (EMT). The clinics have a honey based treatment for diabetic ulcers. I learned years ago honey was antimicrobial. I think really it's a super food.
Just a beek trying to get ready for winter.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »
My daughter had a deep burn on her arm that was badly infected and she would not go to have it checked. I told her to put honey on a gauge pad and cover it. She thought I was nuts. In 24 hours all of the redness was gone and then it started healing real nice.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything