Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pulled Honey Supers and am treating with Apiguard - what to do with wet frames?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline rick42_98

• New Bee
Hi All:
Quick question.  I had to treat with Apiguard this weekend so I pulled my honey supers.  I have some capped honey and some uncapped.  I will spin that out tonight.  The question is what do I do with the wet frames?  Normally I place them back on the brood supers (above the inner cover) and the bees clean them out for me so I have dry, clean frames to store over the winter.  Now, I have the Apiguard in my hives (for 2 weeks) and a bunch of wet frames.  Can I place them back on the inner covers or will the Apiguard taint them?  Thanks for the help..  The Apiguard is placed on top of the frames in the upper brood box.  A 1 inch shim and the inner cover on top of that.

Rick

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Leave them outside for a day for the bees to clean up, or wait the 2 weeks until you pull the Apiguard, then place them on the hives.

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
I didn't get some of my wet frames back on soon enough and waxmoths found them. So watch for that. Last year i put some wet frames out for the bees to clean and it started a robbing frenzy.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
I love the  robbing frenzy when supers are placed out.   Even though they may be tearing up some of the cells of the honey comb and the yellow jackets and hornets are jumping the bees.   I like just to sit out there in the middle and enjoy the festival.   :-D

anything