Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This Brought Tears To My Eyes  (Read 3523 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
This Brought Tears To My Eyes
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:27:27 pm »
This little girl has autism but found a way to communicate with her family and the outside world. She explains why autistic people do what they do such as mumbling and looking away from people.

The video is almost ten minutes long but I promise you will be amazed and humbled if you watch it til the end.

...JP

http://www.wimp.com/autisticgirl/
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: This Brought Tears To My Eyes
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:02 pm »
That was awesome and yes it had me choked up.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:22:51 pm »
That girl is amazing.   I'd like to see what she has accomplished and is doing in 10 years.   I think she is university bound.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:58:55 am »
People have experiences in their lives that no one ever knows about. It must be really hard when you can't communicate what you are feeling and how you are experiencing this life. I think it is incredible how this girl has been able to express her innermost feelings.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 03:31:05 am »
My wife worked with all kinds of handicapped people, and told me some really amazing stories about some people with autism. There was one guy, who you could give him your birthdate, and he'd tell you right away what day of the week it was on. very nice story.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:21:26 am »
This girl is a modern day Helen Keller of sorts, amazing. I had a brother who had cerebral palsy who could not talk, walk or do anything we all take for granted - although his mind was fine, his body was a prison. I only wish we had the technology to know what he was thinking.

Her father was inspirational, I watched my mother feed, change and do everything for my brother, I know how trying it is on someone and it takes a strong person to commit there life on special needs family. Trust me, you age twice as fast and the mental toll is shattering. I think this girl will open the eyes of doctors for a very long time to come.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »
That is amazing.  It is so amazing too how many of those brain diseases sound so similar...OCD, tourretes, bi-polar, schizo.... trapping a normal person within constrictions of a screwy brain.  Knowing there is a problem, but unable to act on it or stop it.
Rick

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 04:12:18 pm »
Definately a young girl with a destiny.  How much she can teach us all! 

I felt so bad for the dad where he says they had been speaking about her, in front of her, for years because they didn't realize that she was a normal kid inside.  But now, her parents and her therapists can ask why she does some of the things she does, like creating output to drown out the input.  I knew autistic children had a hard time sitting still, but I don't think I've ever considered the possibility that there might be more intentional reasons for the movement. 

I don't think I'll ever look at autism the same again, and that was only one video!  I'm looking forward to her book coming out.  Will have to try and watch for it. 

Thanks for sharing!

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 03:34:15 pm »
it always tears my guts out when i see a kid have to go through something like that  :( , but she really is an amazing kid. very inspiring.
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"