Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: where are the Bees  (Read 8639 times)

Offline uglyfrozenfish

• House Bee
Re: where are the Bees
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
Hey Haddon, just wondering if you had found the bees on this one yet?  Just curious,
Lee

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »
Going to get after it on either Saturday or Sunday. I am going to remove frieze board and see what I can see I will take pics and let yall know how it goes.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »
Going to get after it on either Saturday or Sunday. I am going to remove frieze board and see what I can see I will take pics and let yall know how it goes.

Haddon,
Jim and I removed a hive that looked the same on the outside as this hive. About 6 months ago, another Beek told the home owner that the hive had about 50,000 bees in it, and it was very active. When we looked at it it had a few guard bees and a few coming and going. We had no signs of any hot spots in the ceiling. The was between the first and second floor. When we opened the 12" x 10" x 20" area up and we found it packed with fresh drawn comb, some fermented honeyin old comb, one 8" x8" section of comb full of wax moths and very few bees. We only vacumed up a few hundred bees in a 4 hour period. the hive was to the right of where they were entering the building. When I cut into the drywall it was like cutting sticky mud. We blocked the entrances on the outside of the house but they stilled slowly entered the room. We then cut the next section where the bees were entering the house. It was solid roach poop with a few roaches there was a little bit of sign that this used to be a full hive with a few sectoins still hanging. 99% of the wax was now poop. We cleaned it all up and show the owner the results. We did not take the bees home due to the unknown cause of the near total failure. There were still bee entering the room when we left. The home is empty at present so a few bee would not be a problem.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »
 I found the bees but they are behind the brick also. I cleaned out all the comb you could see in the video only thing they have left is the one between the brick and the black board I didn't get the queen I am sure she is down in the wall so I will try a trap out. How much do you think a mason would charge to replace the brick ??? I told the lady I would not be surprised if it was in the 1000 dollar range but I really don't know.

Oh and JP I bought me one of those vibrating saws worked like a charm I love it. Harbor freight should put you on the payroll. :)

Oh and I keep trying to make a video of my bee vac but God doesn't want me to do it. I have made two such videos and both have refused to load up.

Found them

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »
If you are lucky enough to get the queen and a good bit of brood comb you could cage her, leave the hive and let them rob out what honey is left.

Do you have any other footage that isn't so close to the house?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything