Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oh, those prolificd Muscovy ducks  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Oh, those prolificd Muscovy ducks
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:01:40 pm »
I cannot believe how the ducks love to mother, we have Pepper that hatched out her clutch on Friday, 12 out of 14, she has already brought them out of their brood home to bask in the sun, water and mud.  We have two more ducks sitting on eggs.  Lovely Lady is due to hatch hers on Thursday and Cookie will hatch hers the following week.  Micky is sitting on 8 chicken eggs (she is the broody gal of the chickenyard, the only one, this will be her 2nd hatch this year).

Pepper basking in the sun with babies, she is standing on one leg, her head nestled in her back, still keeping that one eye on me.......

Pepper taking the babies for a swim in the pond that I keep digging and digging and digging, deeper and deeper and deeper

Seven of the 10 incubated Muscovy babies, moved to their temporary home until they are feathered enough to be moved to the rest of their barnyard friends.  These are about 2 weeks old now.  The other three are at my Sister's house, my Neice loves to raise little Muscovys, they think that she is their mother and they follow her around like mamma, they love to climb around her neck, nestled in her hair, keeping warm.  They are like little vacuums in the house, don't know what they find, but I see them lunge at all kinds of things that I can't see  ;) :) :) :)

These are the little chicks that are about 3 weeks old, they hatched in the incubator, 38 of the little darlings!!!!

Enjoy the pictures, AND, have the most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service